This Job Listing is about ABB in Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the job
Regional Solution Consultant, SA/Middle East : Hub SAMA, Process Industries
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Regional Solution Consultant drives the long-term profitable growth of Digital Products, Solutions and Platforms within the Region allocated at HUB – SAMA (South Asia, Middle East & Africa) Digital, Process Industries. You will work with the Global Marketing and Sales teams for Digital to define Sales strategy, and Marketing and Business Development plans. You will work with the Industry Digital Solution Consultants, Hub Industry Leads, local country sales teams and with the backend support teams to execute on these strategies and plans through all phases of opportunities. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, with functional reporting to the HUB Digital Manager, you will be accountable for the sales targets of our Hub’s Digital offering for that region. The Regional Solution Consultants would drive a country specific focus, working with the diverse accounts and driving our Digital Value Pillar approach. The Digital Value Pillars are Operational Excellence, Process Performance, Asset Performance, Safety & Sustainability, and Cyber Security.
This role is to be based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Overseeing the Marketing & Sales and Business development functions of the Digital portfolio for your region.
- Achieving the Digital sales targets for your region that include order volume, order gross margin and managing sales costs within budget.
- Lead Digital strategy for the Value Portfolio areas of Operational Excellence, Process Performance, Asset Performance Management, Safety Sustainability on market dynamics, disruption and emerging technologies and the impact on business model, products, and services
- Drive the use of Data and Analytics and articulate its impact on Value Portfolio areas. Evangelise Value benefits from Insights, Benefit Calculation, KPI monitoring
- Providing Digital solution leadership for the Value Portfolio’s consistently at high quality to a sales, proposals, and project teams
- Interfacing with and influences customer’s senior technical and business leadership on value solutions
- Analysing customer requirements to ensure digital solution(s) meets objectives by combining industry best practices, product knowledge, and business acumen
- Acting as a high-level technical expert, providing knowledge and analysis of Digital Software applications and operational environments, functional systems analysis, design, integration, and implementation advice for complex digital solution implementation
- Continuously engaging a symbiotic relationship with Global Solution Consultants and Hub Industry Solution Consultants and Industry Leads to drive Sales, Solutioning and Business Development activities
- Continuously driving business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions with Regional Sales and Global Digital teams
- Demonstrating expertise in multiple digital solution areas across value portfolios with the ability to architect and design technology solutions that target value benefits
- Co-ordinating sales activities across industry solution consulting team, Hub Sales Teams and Global Digital Team.
- Delivering product training and sales enablement programs to increase portfolio adoption
- Development of partners in individual portfolio areas ecosystem for contributing to IP, developing apps, or implementing on ABB platform. Develop strategic alliances for joint development of digital engineering models to offer new solutions.
- Co-ordinating and collaborating with product groups and other divisions to align digital portfolio requirements
- 10+ years’ experience in the OT/Software industry with focus on industrial digitalization and the Internet of Things, with deep understanding of relevant technologies and trends, a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related technical field or master’s degree in Business Administration or technical field would be an advantage.
- Experiences in winning Industrial IOT, Digital Solution projects
- Deep Experience in the industrial software environment and demonstrated expertise surmounting challenges around Data Integration, Legacy Systems, lack of standards and Cybersecurity Concerns.
- Strong knowledge of solutions and applications covering Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) and Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) as well as historians, OPC Servers and Asset Performance Management software
- Hands-on experience with software applications in one or more Value Portfolio areas like APM, APC from leading vendors
- Clear understanding of architecture, data integration and interfacing across distributed control and information systems including ERP, LIMS, Planning & Scheduling, Order Management, Production Accounting, etc.
- Experience in justification, design, implementation, and maintenance of Industrial Software applications in the process industry
- Expert level knowledge in manufacturing applications covering quality control, inventory, OEE, material tracking and supply chain management
- Extensive project execution experience in the implementation of MES solutions and understanding of customer data integration requirements across automation and corporate network levels
- Knowledgeable in cloud and edge technologies, Industrial IOT platforms, digital twins, analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning
- Proven track record in customer focus, exposure to customer top management, consultative selling, driving results and turning opportunities into sales successes
- Proven experience in driving digital development for complex global organizations, ideally in a B2B environment (Process, Energy, software, technology, automation)
- Background in cloud and edge technologies, digital twins, analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning as applied to Process Performance solutions
- Extensive exposure to various unit operations within one or two industry as well as sound knowledge of Value Portfolio needs in the industry.
- Industry recognition and an established reputation within customers and market insights to drive development of business growth tactics
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Availability to travel internationally as required
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A