Are you looking for a Job at AECOM in Jiddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
About the job
Saudi Arabia – , Jeddah
The candidate will posess the following key skills and experience;
- Excellent technical experience – with experience in Engineering geological and geohazard investigations, particularly for civil engineering and major project purposes and across a wide range of ground engineering environments in the Middle East and Africa.
- Proven track record in planning and delivery of major Metro and/or heavy rail projects in GCC.
- Demonstrate a proven technical, commercial and project management track record.
- The candidate’s technical experience should range from terrain evaluation of large areas to the detailed investigation of specific sites. It should include (as a minimum) the assessment of ground conditions for projects and production of ground risk assessments.
- An ability to use engineering software would be an advantage, particularly GIS for mapping and 3-dimensional terrain and geological modelling.
- Experience in the following sectors would be advantageous: rail, highways & bridges, offshore facilities, onshore pipelines and oil and gas facilities, mining and ground improvement.
- Good interpersonal skills and the experience of developing and leading investigation and design teams and working as part of a D&B team for major transportation projects.
- Good communication skills – able to liaise effectively at project manager and project director level and with clients. A sound knowledge of local practice and local authority requirements.
- Project management – Experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
- Good report writing skills and the ability to self-check and to produce high quality and accurate work.
- Able to demonstrate good people skills, flexibility and to have the ability to lead technical teams.
- A clear willingness and ability to travel on short assignments with ease and for specific projects around the Middle East region, Africa and Europe.
- A KSA (or GCC/International) driving license.
- A minimum of 20 years’ experience is essential – with at least 4 years working in the Middle East.
- A strong academic background with good academic qualifications – as a minimum a first degree in geology or civil engineering as well as a second degree in engineering geology or geotechnical engineering.
- Chartered with an internationally recognized professional engineering institute
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Civil
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country Saudi Arabia
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 254275BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Jiddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org