This Job Listing is about Agoda in Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the job
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get To Know Our Team
In Agoda’s, we build the scalable, fault-tolerant systems and APIs that host our core business logic. Our systems cover all major areas of our business: inventory and pricing, product information, customer data, communications, partner data, booking systems, payments, and more. These mission-critical systems change frequently with dozens of releases per day, so we must employ state-of-the-art CI/CD and testing techniques in order to make sure everything works without any downtime. We also ensure that our systems are self-healing, responding gracefully to extreme loads or unexpected input. In order to accomplish this, we use state-of-the-art languages like Scala and Go, data technologies like Kafka and Aerospike, and agile development practices. Most importantly though, we hire great people from all around the world and empower them to be successful. Whether it’s building new projects like Flights and Packages or reimagining our existing business, you’ll make a big impact as part of the Engineering team.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will be responsible for helping us improve our test automation efforts across our entire technology stack. You will be a key member of a growing team and requires self-motivation, a background of strong development experience, and a strong foundation of automated QA spanning all phases of development. You will work in a key position, where your efforts will have an impact on both the company and the product quality. In addition to the requirements below, successful candidates and team members will share a passion for a high-quality product, strong engineering principles, and methodical problem-solving skills. To be successful in this role you must be passionate about building test frameworks, streamlining CI/CD pipelines, designing and implementing solutions that could enhance the development and release process.
In This Role, You’ll Get To
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity
- Enhance/provide visibility to stakeholders
- Design, develop & contribute to the enhancements of our automation frameworks, tests and infrastructure including –research of new technologies and tools
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for testability
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- 2 years experience as a Software Developer
- Proficient with DevOps technologies and concept for example; CI/CD, Dockers, Kubernetes, Jenkins, TeamCity and Git
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a part of both large or small teams in a fast paced environment
- Good writing and communication skills in English ; Must be able to clearly describe and discuss problems
It’s Great if You Have
- Strong experience working with testing frameworks and tools similar to Selenium, UFT, Junit, NUnit, Appium, postman, Rest Assured, etc
- Experience with Agile Methodologies including QA best practices across SDLC is a plus
#singapore #seoul #tokyo #sydney #melbourne #dhaka #moscow #hcmc #kualalumpur #newdelhi #bengaluru #hyderabad #mumbai #chennai #kyiv #dubai #telaviv
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A