This Job Listing is about Agoda in Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the job
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
As an Indirect Tax Manager, you will have the unique opportunity to work in Bangkok for Agoda Services Co., Ltd , reporting to the Indirect Tax Senior Manager (who leads the Agoda Indirect Tax function). You will be part of the advisory team that is rapidly growing in light of the changing tax landscape for digital services. While being part of the broader Tax and Finance team (approximately 100 professionals), you will also work closely with the Product and Legal team.
The main focus of this position is managing all tax advisory matters related to VAT, sales tax, GST and other indirect taxes for Agoda, including the compliance with tax regulations all across the globe. You will have an end-to-end responsibility for your own projects from scoping the challenge (incl. budgeting) to the overall solution (execution and implementation), including stakeholder management and relationships with our tax advisors.
This role involves interaction with our US parent company, our international offices, business managers, functional teams, IT and other finance and legal colleagues. Due to the rapid growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may also evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Responsible for overall management of indirect tax compliance and advisory activities across the business
- Assessment of indirect tax position and interpretation of our business models
- Define indirect tax requirements for existing and new programs/products and ensure practical implementation of these requirements in internal systems
- Research and keep abreast of global indirect tax developments, evaluate necessary business and process changes, develop and execute plans accordingly to ensure compliance with new tax rules and regulations
- Manage indirect tax projects and develop strategic and operational implementation work plans to ensure new service or country launches are tax compliant and timely
- Solid understanding of how indirect taxes affect in-house financial applications and systems
- Support team members with reconciliation of revenue, purchase, output VAT/GST and input VAT/GST with financials
- Coordinate with external advisors on various indirect tax issues, e.g. obtain tax advice as necessary and support team members with accurate and timely indirect tax reporting and tax payment
- Contribute to indirect tax awareness and appreciation within the Agoda group
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Tax Economics/Law or any business/similar related field. Chartered Accountant (or equivalent) or graduate degree in taxation is an additional asset
- Preferably 6-8 years of indirect tax experience in a multinational tax environment, Big 4 / Top law firm / major corporation experience
- Strong technical knowledge in indirect taxes (VAT/GST) in an international context
- Experience with indirect tax setup in systems, including ERP systems (Oracle) is a definite asset
- Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects
- Able to extract, analyze, and review data and make appropriate recommendations
- Project management expertise, including strong organizational and change management skills
- Ability to work independently and productively
- Strong (English) verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complicated tax technical issues with senior leadership
- Team management experience is a plus
- E-commerce or travel industry experience is a plus
It’s Great if you have:
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, working with minimum direction, taking ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of cross-functional teams
- Able to clearly express ideas and information to others and flex style according to the specific situation and audience
- Able to grasp detail whilst understanding the “big picture”, managing multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic environment, adapting well to change
- Team leader and team player
- Energetic and driven personality
“All applicants, if you have proven experience in indirect tax advisory roles, also looking at different jurisdictions, this would be the role for you. Whilst having an understanding of tax compliance is a must, kindly appreciate that we are at present NOT inviting candidates with a sole VAT compliance background and focus to apply for the role”
#hongkong #singapore #thailand #spain #madrid #barcelona #mumbai #newdelhi #london #newyork #bangalore #india #shanghai #jakarta #bali #tokyo #osaka #yokohama #hcmc #hanoi #dubai #abudhabi #istanbul #taipei #phuket #seoul #manila #kualalampur #rome #hungary #italy #france #dublin #ireland #budapest #hongkong #toronto #vancouver #4 #ACCT
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A