Are you looking for a Job at AlFuttaim in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
About the job
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives . Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You will be responsible for running multiple sections in the kitchen, managing a team of workers responsible for keeping the section organized so that meals go out on time and as planned, and the work area remains clean and orderly.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- High School Credential/ Diploma
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years food service supervisory experience, preferably in a high-volume business
- High School/Trade School Graduate preferably in hotel, business or culinary programme of study
- Must have an interest and knowledge of culinary or food service industry
- Must have a strong customer focus
- Must have the ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, and constantly changing retail environment
- Must have analytical skills
- Must have multitasking capabilities
- Must be computer literate
Key Role Specific Accountabilities
STEERING THE BUSINESS
- Work actively to make the IKEA store successful and high performing, today and tomorrow by attracting visitors, achieving sales growth and reasonable profitability, ensuring the satisfaction of guests and co-workers, and excellent operational performance as measured through our defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Coordinate with Cash Office and Finance for invoice payments and follow-up.
- Ability to read and analyse KPI’s & P&L.
- Ensure the implementation and follow-up of the SOP rules and guidelines.
- Execute efficient and cost-effective purchasing of Food, Beverage, General and operating equipment’s according to IKEA FOOD requirements.
- Liase with IKEA Food Manager and Kitchen Production Manager to secure all F&B requirements and provide them with alternatives, economical order quantity and on setting the Par Stock levels for all the items.
- Ensure that proper operating standards are adhered in the areas of purchasing, receiving, store and goods issuing.
- Maintain vendor performance file to ensure the consistency in quality and service.
- Conducts regular vendor inspections in partnership with Health & Safety leader and culinary leadership
- Follow IKEA Purchasing policies, ensure that for each product purchase is supported with three quotations in comparison with quality and price approved by Regional SO Team
- Receiving of all F&B items must be scrutinised thoroughly to ensure safety measures.
- Ensure that the monthly IFB stock take is implemented according to set guidelines
- Prepares monthly discrepancy report and initiate control measures and follow-up
- Be prepared to work out quick solutions in case of overstock and/or shortage of products.
- Recognise and build key relationships with matrix partners and ensure an effective and efficient communication flow within your functional area with all relevant stakeholders.
- Process and document supplier’s requisitions in the NAVISON system.
- Familiar with global food certifications and play a vital role with Kitchen Production Manager while developing the menu to consider sustainable and certified resources where applicable e,g: Fairtrade, rainforest, GSO, GFSI, Organic, ASC, MSC, UTZ, etc
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of the IFB supplies and storages
- Ensure day-to-day functions of store keepers are carried out in the department
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking on a consistent basis.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org