This Job Listing is about Amazon in Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the job
(UAE National Only)
Amazon’s UAE Immigration Team is growing its best-in-class professional service to deliver exceptional immigration support to Amazon businesses, employees and candidates across the MENA region. The team of project managers, analysts and experienced immigration subject matter experts act as strategic partners and consultants to Amazon business leaders and partner teams. The team centrally manages immigration filings and the vendors that support Amazon, and delivers projects to improve the cost, quality and compliance for immigration services at Amazon.
We are seeking a UAE Immigration Specialist to support the needs of our growing UAE immigration team based in Dubai. In this role, you will be responsible for the daily immigration service execution as part of the UAE immigration case working team. The team execute a high-volume of cases, managing immigration requirements for sponsored employees across different jurisdiction (mainland or freezone entities), and their family members. You will work within a highly productive team organized into coordination, typing and government liaison sub-teams. This is a case working role where you will acts as the single point of contact throughout an employee’s UAE immigration lifecycle.
Key job responsibilities
- Filing and executing immigration cases, coordinating between recruitment, onboarding and other HR stakeholders and government authorities; formulating and executing the best possible immigration strategy for each employee.
- Manage a high caseload of applications. A typical caseload would be 45 of mixed application types from new, renewal, cancelation and amendment of work permit and residency visas; each filing includes sub-applications related to work permit, entry permit, medical test, Emirates ID and residency visa stamping for each applicant.
- Coordinate with other specialized members of the team for drafting and submission, payment of government fees and collection of documents/approval notices.
- Manage a high volume of communications with the employee and several internal groups while meeting the team respond SLA within a single business day or sooner, depending on the case timeline.
- Participate in formulating action plans to resolve issues.
- Contribute to, and drive, process improvement initiatives, beginning with identifying defects or evaluating customer complaints but also considering where the team can increase efficiency and continuously upscale the quality of service.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
- UAE Nationals only
- Extensive experience in UAE immigration with broad regulatory knowledge and practical experience in working with right to work, work authorization and human resource processes and employee lifecycle.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, interpersonal skills; high quality document and report preparation
- Experience managing confidential and sensitive employee information and adherence to strict confidentiality standards.
- Proven ability to identify process defects, make recommendations for process improvements, and implement process improvements.
- Experience resolving complex immigration issues independently and taking ownership in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances
- Experience managing third party immigration vendors
- strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative
- Excellent knowledge of UAE employment laws
Company – Amazon Middle East and NA FZ
Job ID: A2053606
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A