Are you looking for a Job at Amazon in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About the job
About OpsTech IT
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. OpsTech IT provides nonstop global IT support to Amazon Operations as a vital piece to the puzzle. We are looking for self-motivated individuals to take on new challenges and motivate teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face. Together, we take ownership for what we do — whether supporting IT infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new Amazon Operations facility, or delighting our customers by delivering packages directly to them
About The Role
As an IT Project Engineer, you will use your technical knowledge and specialized project management skills to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control projects for OpsTech IT infrastructure, data facilities and technical solutions. You are able to manage multiple large projects with minimal guidance that affect multiple locations in multiple regions. You are required to have strong communication skills to coordinate onsite and remote work with teams across the region and engage stakeholders to deliver results as a project leader with the support of OpsTech IT Leadership and staff resources. You will organize and support project intake, prioritization, and resource capacity planning in support of multiple Regional IT Managers. You will actively expand your scope of knowledge by learning about new technologies and project management methodologies to support the organization.
The ideal candidate is an independent and curious self-starter with a demonstrated ability to produce high-quality technical content, drive complex projects, collaborate with technologists and subject matter experts, and have a high tolerance for ambiguity and a bias toward action. Qualified candidates will be able interact at all levels and must have an ability to generate detailed status reports on all programs to support senior leadership in communications with our internal and external stakeholders.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Develop and manage IT projects from beginning to end, including project scope, timeline, hardware procurement, resource allocation, and project execution coordinating remote work closely with OpsTech IT teams.
- Be the first point of escalation for projects assigned. Act as an escalation point for the project team and project stakeholders to manage risks, develop mitigation plans and path to green throughout the project.
- Report and inform stakeholders of status updates, risks and issues.
- Proactively manage change control and communicate impact in project scope, identify issues, and devise contingency plans.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths while maintaining accurate project plans with real-time milestone, task and project health data for all your projects.
- Update or develop documentation on processes critical to successfully implementing your projects.
- Identify opportunities to streamline project deliverables, share best practices with your peers and leaders and implement continuous improvement actions on a regular basis
- Lead adoption of project management tools and processes. Evangelize project management practices throughout the region and follow the standard methodology to develop scope documents, project management plans, communication plans, project schedules, change management and risk and issue log.
- Participate in hiring, training and development of others.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 4+ years of experience and education in IT Project support in a multi-user high availability environment, project management or related management functions
- 4+ years of experience and education with networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
Understanding of large, complex and globally distributed IT systems
Experience with Project Management Applications and tools
Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field.
Exceptional organizational, planning and prioritization skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies
Experience with procurement of IT equipment
Experience as a leader and mentor for project teams in a matrixed environment
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage high priority projects
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age
Company – Afaq Q Tech General Trading
Job ID: A1703558
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org