Website Applied Systems
This Job Listing is about Applied Systems in Belfast Metropolitan Area
About the job
We’re looking for a System Operations 2 Technician to join our creative, data-driven team and contribute to our continued growth. The System Operations 2 Technician is responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting activities related to software, hardware, and connectivity in the Applied Systems data center environments. In addition, the System Operations II Technician may be asked to travel to data centers for assistance with equipment deployment. Some evening and weekend work is required as is being part of an on-call rotation.
In this role, you will be responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting, and resolution activities related to software, hardware, and connectivity for over 3,500 virtual machines in multiple data centers across North America and the United Kingdom. This will include performing various program updates/installs, as well as addressing email issues, network-related issues, and other general server problems. You will also be relied upon to handle high-level technical issues that are escalated out of our Customer Support department.
What You’ll Do
- Follow security best practices and processes to protect the customers’ data.
- Troubleshoots, researches, and resolves software/hardware/network issues related to the AppliedCloud environments.
- Backup and restores SQL databases for AppliedCloud products utilizing SQL Server.
- Installs program updates for Applied Systems software.
- Investigates and resolves issues reported by the Support department and System Operations I department in regards to Applied Systems software, Microsoft Office products, email, connectivity, and general server issues
- Configures and tests software installation on terminal servers in the AppliedCloud environments.
- Creates documentation for policies and procedures to be used in the department for software installations, server configurations, or troubleshooting.
- Works closely with other Data Center Operations groups in order to resolve issues or help with configuration changes/testing.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
We’re looking for someone who:
- Can work in a Hybrid model close to an Applied Systems office (Brighton or Belfast)
Your experience should include some or all of the following:
- Working knowledge of additional Microsoft products, including SQL Server
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Working knowledge with products, procedures and related systems to resolve standard situations within the context of established policies
Additionally, you may have:
- Microsoft Server and SQL certifications preferred
What You’ll Gain
- Competitive Benefits
- Private Medical Insurance and Eye Care
- Wellness incentives
- Pension scheme with employer matched contributions
- Work-Life Balance
- Competitive paid vacation time and a free day for your birthday
- Personal/sick time
- Paid holidays
- Flex Time
- Volunteer time off
- Empowering Career Growth and Success – We invest in talent, care about our people and are empowered by the results of our work. We grow our teams from within and give our employees opportunities to advance.
What We Value
We strive for excellence at every turn to be the best at what we do. We invest in talent, care about our people and are empowered by the results of our work. We fulfil the promise of insurance – safeguarding and protecting what matters most in people’s lives. And there is no more important job than that.
Our focus on the workforce, workplace and marketplace gives us a qualified individual in an environment in which they can be productive while we maintain our position in the industry. To help drive that change toward a vibrant, modern workplace, we have employee-driven networks with commonalities in ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and military status.
WHO WE ARE
For more than 35 years, Applied Systems has created innovative technology for the global insurance industry. Today, we are a rapidly growing software leader that is revolutionizing the way agencies and brokerages succeed.
We are smart and curious people in a tech-first environment that champions bold and powerful thinking. We are transforming a complex industry through digitization, automation, and innovative new partnerships. Together we are driving the industry fearlessly forward.
It’s an exciting time at Applied. You can do big things here, in an environment that supports creative thinking and bold ideas. Visit http://www.AppliedSystems.com for more information on how you can challenge what’s possible.
Applied Systems is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Diversity and Inclusion is a business imperative and is a part of building our brand and reputation. At Applied, we don’t discriminate, and we are committed to recruit, develop, retain, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Company: Applied Systems
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Belfast Metropolitan Area
Application Deadline: N/A