Are you looking for a Job at Arcadis in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About the job
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Successful applicants for this position must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and be fully vaccinated, or have a valid waiver, by date of hire. Proof of vaccination is required.
- Lead the cost and commercial management service across complex projects (and/or sector specific)
- A significant managerial position, individuals will provide a leadership role to their function and will be accountable for ensuring all work is executed in line with business plans and goals, and will have significant technical knowledge and experience in their field
- Possess the skills and experience to actively support the internal team and manage resources on technically complex projects/programme of works typically ranging between SAR 100m and SAR Bn’s
- Providing leadership of the overall Commercial team on the project.
- Accountable for delivery of the Arcadis associated commission and business plan.
- Responsible for all commercial requirements relating to the project.
- Providing leadership, direction, and management of project commercial resources (internal and external).
- Perform work in accordance with the agreed project brief, company procedures and the stated governance requirements.
- Ensuring commercial risk and opportunities are proactively managed.
- Maintain client satisfaction.
- Effective management and reporting of project performance.
- Manage the change process.
- Effectively handle claims, claims mitigation and liaison for dispute resolution.
- Evaluate suppliers, consultants and contractors invoices.
- Establish and monitor and agreed package budgets.
- Contribute to the creation and maintain an effective project cost.
- Management of contracts and costs.
- Endorse/substantiate contractors’ payments.
- Ensure timely valuation of contractors/consultants invoices.
- Provide cash flow analysis identifying risks and mitigation.
- Prepare cost outturn forecasts and claim assessments.
- Change control of all contract documentation.
- Ensure timely completion of final accounts
- Lead, motivate and manage a team of technical specialists, setting objectives, reviewing performance and developing skills to ensure the provision of an efficient cost and commercial management service to projects
- Manage the financial performance of cost and commercial management projects across their life cycle, taking responsibility for costs, schedules and efficiency to ensure profit and budgetary targets are met and best value outcomes are achieved
- Lead and manage the commercial aspects of projects across the organisation, supporting project management teams to deliver work within budget and to required contract specifications
- Monitor and review the performance and behaviour of all team members, including educating and influencing others, and take action to ensure organisational policies and codes of conduct are followed
- Assure compliance with contracts in terms of project delivery parameters and scope of service
- Analyse and review complex information from a range of sources and oversee recommendations provided by other specialists, in order to improve the long-term performance of the cost management service
- Seek to continuously develop processes and lead the implementation of new cost and commercial management system improvements, working to improve services, drive innovation and enhance project delivery
- Manage the overall business relationship with key customers and customer groups in order to identify opportunities to improve the cost management offering and drive customer satisfaction
- Act as a lead technical expert, providing strategic advice to other senior managers on cost and commercial management matters, in order to support successful delivery in line with project objectives and strategies
- Manage and build strong working relationships with senior clients and stakeholders, in order to ensure client satisfaction, develop and extend the cost management service and create new business opportunities
- Leading the commercial management function on a major multi – billion $ infrastructure scheme from inception to completion.
- Maximise the financial effectiveness and profitability of the project through diligent application of proper contractual and commercial practices with a strong focus on managing cost.
- Managing delivery of the overall commission for Arcadis, including leading the Arcadis team and accountability for associated Business Plan.
- Developing an excellent working relationship with the client and the whole project team to work together and successfully deliver the project
- Drive digital solutions into our service line to add benefit to both our clients and Arcadis
Qualifications & Experience-
- Relevant professional experience, including of delivering large and complex projects across an entire project life cycle
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and lead large teams, and demonstrable leadership ability
- Experience of building and utilising client relationships at executive level, including the ability to act as a trusted advisor
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Relevant professional qualification or chartered status
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging-
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Transform Your World
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Director
Job Location: Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com