Website BC Housing
Are you looking for a Job at BC Housing in Makkah Region
About the job
Job ID: 3944
Location: VICTORIA, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on ‘Apply’ below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people’s lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
And While They’re Here, Employees Can Take Advantage Of Many Opportunities
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians.
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
The Documentation Clerk is responsible for processing documentation such as tenant move-outs, building inspections, Declarations of Income and Assets, pet registration, tenant chargebacks, processing work orders and accounts payable invoices. He/She/They performs property portfolio and property maintenance support functions, provides direct face-to-face and telephone-based customer service to visitors and clients, maintains various databases and current tenant files, and provides general operational support.
Education & Experience
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Secondary school graduation plus completion of a comprehensive post-secondary course in office or business administration from a recognized educational institution.
- Sound clerical experience in related office administration, including contact with diverse members of the public.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience suitable to the employer.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Sound practical knowledge of the rules, practices and procedures of office and program administration.
- Sound practical knowledge of Windows based programs including Word and Excel.
- Some knowledge of accounting.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with good conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to interpret and understand financial documents received from tenants.
- Ability to demonstrate patience and tolerance and exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with a variety of clients, including those of diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds and those with difficult behavioural issues.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and process a large volume of work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy while meeting prescribed deadlines.
- Ability to type minimum 50 wpm.
- Ability and interest in taking initiative, being flexible, adapting to change and contributing in a team environment.
- Ability to assess and respond quickly and effectively to an incident and/or crisis.
How To Apply
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please Review The Job Description Prior To Applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we’re committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected] .
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now : www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.
Follow us on Facebook , Twitter + LinkedIn
Company: BC Housing
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Makkah Region
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com