Following are the details we found about the job:
About the job
Berbix’s mission is to enable all individuals to prove who they are and control how their information gets shared. Founded by the former engineering and product leaders for Trust & Safety at Airbnb, we empower companies to confidently answer the question: “Are you who you say you are?”
This is a question many online platforms need to answer about their users. We solve that problem by offering best-in-class ID verification and proprietary fraud detection technology to our customers, which they can access through developer friendly SDKs. We serve customers in a broad variety of industries, recently raised our Series A led by Mayfield, and are actively growing our all-star team.
Berbix is looking for an experienced Android engineer to own the continued development of our native Android SDKs. Our Android and iOS SDKs currently process thousands of verifications every day, with that number growing rapidly month-over-month. You will be responsible for investing in and improving our mobile experience for Android users, both from the point of view of end users verifying their identity with Berbix and from the point of view of customers integrating Berbix within their application. You’ll work collaboratively across the organization to understand requirements, build roadmaps and implement features.
You will moreover be responsible for setting the technical direction for our native mobile SDKs, and for laying the foundations of our mobile engineering team, in close collaboration with the owner of our iOS SDK and other engineers on the team. Although your main area of focus will be our Android SDK, we expect you to be willing to contribute to native mobile tooling more generally, and if you’re interested in doing so, to our broader codebase. We’re looking for thoughtful engineers who enjoy wearing many hats and working closely in a small team dynamic.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the implementation, launch, and maintenance of mobile SDKs and applications
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to ship new features and products
- Improve the processes, code quality and robustness of our mobile codebase
- Leverage unique mobile capabilities to enhance our verification processes
- Collaborate with design to create intuitive, seamless user experiences
- Own and evolve the native Android technology architecture to utilize modern best practices
- Build systems to solicit feedback and improvements from our customers, triage relative importance and implement features and fixes
- Release new versions of our Android SDK and communicate with customers about new features and fixes
- Identify areas for improvements to our customers’ onboarding experience and lead projects aimed at improving it
- Work across different components of a complex engineering system, outside of mobile, as needed and desired
- 5+ years of work experience in software design and development, with 3+ years in mobile application development
- Strong Android programming skills in the typical languages for those domains
- Deep understanding of the Android platform and capabilities
- Experience with general-purpose programming languages.
- Interest and ability to learn additional frameworks and programming languages as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both technical and non-technical subjects
- Experience taking features from concept to launch
- Experience leading technical aspects of large projects
- Willingness to work with loosely-defined problem statements and execute autonomously
Nice to Haves:
- Portfolio of released applications on the Google Play Store or open source SDKs available for review
- Experience working with React Native or Cordova
Company Information & Benefits
We are a completely hybrid company, meaning we have a San Francisco Headquarters, support local employees to work remotely as desired, and accept fully remote hires within the continental United States! We are a company that values the well-being of our employees and we strive to cultivate a healthy and inclusive work culture. We offer a robust benefits package to our full-time employees, including:
- 100% company paid premiums for medical, dental, & vision. 50% company paid premiums for dependents
- Flexible and generous PTO + 20 holidays
- 401 (k) retirement plan + company match, AD&D + life insurance
- Company-sponsored FSA account for medical expenses
- Monthly wellness allowance to spend on your mind and body
- Professional Development allowance to learn new, and grow existing skills
- 12 week, 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- Stipend for new hires to set up their remote work space
- Monthly internet stipend to have the best work environment at home
- Regular social activities like Fun Fridays and Quarterly Offsites (in-person & virtual)
Berbix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We aspire to promote a diverse and inclusive environment for all current and future employees.
Further Details and Requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A