Website BNP Paribas Real Estate
This Job Listing is about BNP Paribas Real Estate in Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
About the job
The Credit Control Assistant Supports The Credit Control Team By
The Credit Control Assistant works within a team responsible for managing the recovery of monies from tenants / occupiers. The objective of the role is to support the Credit Control Team and liaise with tenants on outstanding debts, manage the recovery of arrears and maintain information relating to actions taken.
- Chasing arrears on behalf of clients in accordance with clients’ debt recovery policies
- Maintaining records of tenant actions to settle arrears, including monitoring performance against agreed payment plans
- Liaising with surveyors and client accountants to resolve tenant queries about charges and payments
Key Deliverables And Responsibilities
- Support existing Credit Controllers with chasing arrears on behalf of clients in accordance with clients’ debt recovery policies for the methods and timescales to be employed in escalating recoveries
- Keep surveyors responsible for clients and tenants informed of progress in collecting arrears
- Agree all escalation steps to recover debts with the surveyor responsible prior to initiating action
- Maintain records of agreed repayment plans and ensure such plans are approved by the surveyor and/or client as appropriate
- Track repayments against agreed payment plans and notify surveyors and client accountants of any default
- Support the Credit Controllers with instructing solicitors and/or bailiffs to recover outstanding sums in accordance with client instructions and agreed with the surveyor responsible
- Record details of conversations and actions agreed with tenants to clear outstanding arrears
- Provide information to support preparation of monthly credit control reports and aged debtor analyses
- Ensure that all tenant queries are actioned in a timely manner, liaising with surveyors and Client Accountants as required.
- Report any tenant disputes and/or complaints to the surveyor and client accountant responsible.
- Reconcile tenant statements / aged debtor reports.
- Provide tenants with copies of any missing documentation, creating and issuing charges as necessary.
- Assist in the allocation of cash receipts at peak periods.
- Contribute to the identification of unallocated cash.
- Adhere to all agreed procedures and controls.
- Participate in the company’s performance management programme, adhering to and promoting internal performance standards.
- Adhoc duties for the team.
- Experience in a credit control / rent collection role within a busy office environment.
- Qualification or part qualification in credit control and debt management or a related accounting discipline a distinct advantage
- Must be highly numerate and accurate with strong attention to detail
- Tenacious, presentable, assertive and self-motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with professional telephone manner
- Conscientious and highly focussed, with a sound understanding of credit control procedures and an appreciation of data protection issues
- Experience of using computer based accounting systems, ideally Trace Tramps, or similar packages such as Yardi Propware / Voyager, Qube Horizon, etc.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively
- Good skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Understanding of accounting techniques including sales ledger transactions, particularly in a property environment, would be an advantage.
- Service charge knowledge advantageous.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Other Degrees / Certifications / Vocational, Technical or Professional Qualifications
Company: BNP Paribas Real Estate
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A