Website Booking Holdings NASDAQ BKNG
This Job Listing is about Booking Holdings NASDAQ BKNG in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India 2022
Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG) is the world leader in online travel and related services, provided to customers and partners in over 220 countries and territories through six primary consumer-facing brands – Booking.com, KAYAK, Priceline, Agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable. The mission of Booking Holdings is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. During 2019, the Company had consolidated revenues and net income of $15.1 billion and $4.9 billion, respectively, and a current market value of approximately $90 billion.
Booking Holdings Bangalore is a Center of Excellence based in Bangalore, India and a legal entity of Booking Holdings Inc. The Center was created to support the increasing business demands of the Booking Holdings Brands. The Center of Excellence provides access to specialized and highly skilled talent, leading industry best practices, and collaboration opportunities across all of the Booking Holdings brands and business units.
As a Senior GL Accountant working on FinTech Accounting team you will join our Center of Excellence Team in Bangalore. You will be representing accounting in the testing of new business initiatives where Booking.com is involved in the funds flow between customers and our partners. You will report to the Team Lead in the Center of Excellence and work closely together with other departments in our Amsterdam office. The tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time.You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Complete the monthly closing process, including preparation of journal entries, accruals, reconciliation of general ledger accounts, detailed supporting analysis and relevant documentation.
- Perform clearing of GL suspense & cash in transit accounts within SAP.
- Review and perform variance analysis on balance sheet and profit and loss accounts during the closing procedures.
- Perform detailed analysis and checks of the ledgers to ensure financial records are complete and accurate.
- Perform a high quality self-review on own tasks & ensure completeness of the task in accordance with the month-end close and reconciliation deadlines
- Test new business initiatives. Examples of initiatives include projects that create new sources of revenue and/or add greater value and flexibility to our customers and partners.
- Test and reconcile the required accounting reporting to ensure completeness & accuracy of accounts is maintained for new initiatives.
- Work closely with the Project Accounting team and Data team to test reporting for new initiatives to be used in the monthly closing process.
- Help the team meet and exceed department goals.
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum 3-5 years of Accounting experience (FinTech/Online Payments Accounting knowledge is beneficial)
- Experience in testing new initiatives and products is beneficial
- Knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS
- Strong IT experience in financial systems, including SAP, is preferable
- Experience with big data is preferable
- Detail-oriented and result-driven
- Capable of working independently as well as working in a team
- Takes ownership for responsibilities with a positive attitude
- Able to cope with dynamic and high change environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Booking Holdings is the world leader in online travel & related services. Our teams work around the clock to build and improve the technology that empowers people to more freely travel across borders, time zones, languages and cultures. At Booking Holdings, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world every day through seamless technology powered by our six major brands:
Through the Booking Holdings brands, we help our customers reach all corners of the earth. Our ability to provide great service rests on how well we understand our diverse customer base, which is why having a diverse team is so important to us. We bring together employees from all walks of life and we are proud to provide the kind of inclusive environment that stimulates innovation, creativity and collaboration.
Booking Holdings is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. We ensure equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without discrimination or harassment based on race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Booking Holdings also extends this policy to every phase of the employment process including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, placement, transfer, training and development, position elimination, restructure, promotion, compensation, benefits, layoffs, termination, and all other conditions or privileges of employment. Booking Holdings and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please email [email protected] with your request. M/F/V/D/SO
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.
Company: Booking Holdings NASDAQ BKNG
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Application Deadline: N/A