This Job Listing is about Brunel in Doha, Qatar
About the job
Brunel is a global provider of flexible workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics (global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup) and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+ countries with over 12,000+ specialists, 120+ offices worldwide, and close to €1 billion (Revenue 2021).
- Responsible for providing required quality Mechanical Static / Piping engineering support and expertize through all stages of the project
- Verify and review technical Mechanical Static / Piping documents, and design documents in accordance with approved standards and to meet Operations, Maintenance, Asset integrity and HSE requirements.
- Ensure scope preparation completeness review with hands on experience in operation and maintenance of rotating and non-rotating equipment, various pumps and compressors, reliability and availability of equipment, APMS (Asset Performance Management System), mechanical and piping modifications, utilities etc.
- Plan and coordinate between Operations, Maintenance, Asset Integrity, Process and Operational Safety, Fire Engineering and ICT teams to ensure project requirements are met and aligned and provide continuous project assurance.
- Identifies potential hazards during Engineering activities (as applicable) such as Document Review, Design Safety Review workshop, HAZID, ENVID, HAZOP, QRA, FERA, etc., participates in technical meetings, commissioning activities, SAT, Plant pre-start up safety audits, performance tests raises punch lists and provide support to operations and maintenance teams in various stages of project activities.
- Coordinate with Project execution department, engineering, operations and maintenance teams during projects’ FEED and EPIC stages to align operations, maintenance, Asset Integrity and HSE requirements.
- Coordinate with all relevant stakeholders to resolve technical issues, punch lists and warranty issues during pre-commissioning and commissioning stages till the projects are successfully commissioned and handed over.
- Support lead engineer or his supervisor and ensure that all applicable environmental, process and safety technical policies, standards are fully integrated and implemented. Provide necessary support during any incident analysis, failure investigations etc.
- Ensure SIMOPS, Various project interfaces so that shutdown activities are properly planned for effective execution.
- Support development of Qatari teams
Qualification:Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering specialized in Static and Piping. CharteredEngineer status or equivalent is preferable.
- Minimum 12 years relevant post graduate experience, of which 8 years in Oil & Gas industry with an international consulting company, EPIC contractor or Operating Company. Possess sound fundamentals in his discipline area. Shall possess very good technical skills in his discipline.
- Skill / knowledge of International, Shell DEPs and/or QP standards related to his area of expertise and also Design Software related to Mechanical Static / Piping Engineering such as Stress Analysis software, etc.
- Experience in operations, maintenance and projects’ pre-commissioning, commissioning, start up and Hand-over activities.
- Possess good communication, presentation skills and fluent in English language.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Application Deadline: N/A