This Job Listing is about Bupa in England, United Kingdom
About the job
Category Manager – HR & Recruitment
London (EC2R 7HJ), Manchester (M50 3SP) or Bristol (BS16 1GW) with HYBRID working.
There is also the option for this role to be FULLY REMOTE if required.
Permanent, full time, 37.5 hr/week
Salary £56,600 – £65,000 pro rata (Dependant on location and experience) + fantastic benefits
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Working in our support functions you’ll play a key part in helping our customer facing colleagues deliver exceptional standards of customer service and patient care.
No matter your role, you’ll have an opportunity to do work that matters. Making a difference to the lives of our customers each and every day.
To support the UK Procurement vision to lead the delivery of the market strategy, governance, and policies, and delivering significant value through market specific strategic sourcing initiatives and supplier relationship management.
The Category Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and delivering the Category strategy for the specific area of HR & RECRUITMENT spend.
This is a senior commercial role that will lead and develop sourcing initiatives for their category, providing category expertise to focus on strategic sourcing, content expertise and value delivery (price and total cost of ownership), whilst actively managing significant risk and issues with suppliers.
As a senior member of the team this role will support Category Specialists to develop, implement and communicate strategic sourcing strategies.
What you’ll do:
The Category Manager is accountable for their specific category, with responsibility for total UK expenditure in their area to ensure products and services are sourced competitively and cost effectively in order to meet and enhance the businesses’ requirements.
The job holder will be accountable for identifying and delivering multiple cost saving initiatives in order to achieve individual and Department targets
The role requires the individual to lead supplier selection and qualification and manage relationships with key suppliers using contemporary supplier relationship management techniques (including supplier development and measurement).
In addition, the job holder will:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive category plan which has a clear savings/opportunity pipeline.
- Establish category prioritises based on benefits and opportunities and business requirements
- Understand the strategic intent of the Bupa UK (and other Market Units as required) and the Business Units within it to ensure that Category plans and implementation are aligned with organisational goals
- Develop and manage a category risk plan in agreement with the Business to mitigate Bupa’s exposure to supply chain risks within the categories under their management.
- Actively sets, leads and drives the timeline for sourcing initiatives
- Lead contract negotiations on behalf of the organisation and develop negotiation plans
- Act as the Procurement lead for Category Board identified projects, attending board meetings as required
- Ensures the strategic sourcing activities are aligned with global strategies
- Act as an escalation point for Category Specialists and where appropriate directing their activities with assistance from the Head of Procurement.
- Develops innovative solutions by challenging the status quo and business requirements
- Develops and maintains a category plan for their respective area of spend responsibility
- Brings innovation to the team and to the organisation and maximises total cost of ownership savings through continuous improvement initiatives
- Interfacing with internal customers to ensure requirements are delivered, performance tracked and operational efficiencies are maximised
- Utilises the Bupa Corporate and Bupa UK best practice processes and supporting technologies
- Actively inputs into Bupa UK procurement strategy, governance and policy improvement plans
What you’ll bring:
- Graduate Degree or higher with MCIPS or equivalent professional qualification
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Category management experience and expertise in a related industry or in HR & RECRUITMENT spend groups.
- Proven evidence of sourcing similar products and services
- Proven ability and experience of delivering savings through driving strategic category planning
- Experienced negotiator who is proficient at drawing upon and developing fact based negotiation plans and operating at a senior level
- Contract and supplier relationship management expertise
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Category Manager – HR & Recruitment you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various other benefits and online discounts
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A