Website ASB Bank
This Job Listing is about ASB Bank in Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand 2022
We deliver on our purpose by providing simple, meaningful ways to help Kiwis improve their financial wellbeing, today and tomorrow. We achieve this by doing what we do best, championing innovation and fresh thinking, so we can open new opportunities for more people to stay one step ahead.
We have an opportunity for an experienced technologist to join our development chapter in a people leadership position as a Chapter Lead.
The role is embedded in the Sanctions squad, which is a key part of the Financial Crime Platform.
Financial Crime platform squads primarily focuses on, prevention and management of the impact of financial crime happening. The Platform is divided into 3 domains which represent our 3 squads: Fraud, AML & Sanctions. Our squads support our staff fighting financial crime on the front line in our Operations arm.
Briefing of each squad at a high level:
The squad implement, configure, maintain, and support the applications used by Financial Crime Operations to make sure ASB complies with national and international regulations regarding sanctions.
The squad implements, configure, maintain and support the applications used by Financial Crime Operations to prevent and detect Fraudulent activity, keeping ASB and its customers safe from financial crime.
Maintain and build smart AML solutions that keep the Bank and our Communities safe.
About The Role
The Chapter Lead has the remit to do this their own way, but this is usually done through Servant Leadership, observation, hands-on mentoring, knowledge transfer, training, implementing tools and guardrails, and staying close to the members of the Chapter to drive open communication.
The Chapter Lead reports into a Domain Lead and collaborates with CXO’s (Product Owners) and Platform Lead to keep drive strategic workforce planning and ensure chapter members are fit to deliver the current and future goals of the platform.
Having a technical background, the Chapter Lead has a foot in both people and tech camps, meaning you still spend time in tech delivery activities for your squad (design, build and run), driving innovation, uplifting tech capability, setting the guardrails and driving innovation for the Chapter.
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Team culture – fosters a continuous learning culture, encourages the teams to demonstrate PACE ‘mindsets’ and safely test and learn to create new and innovative solutions.
- People leadership – happy, safe, and capable Chapters.
- Technical leadership – leads exciting software engineering projects with ASB technical teams and external partners/vendors.
- Ensure team members have career plans, performance, and development objectives.
- Provide coaching and ongoing support to your team
- Knowledge sharing and technical leadership – foster a continuous learning culture, create a drive for craftsmanship and inspire team members to knowledge share and upskill each other.
- Workforce and capability planning – maintain visibility of work demands and providing suitable resource solutions.
- Best fit guardrails and tools -creation, contribution, and adherence by all Chapter members.
What are we looking out for?
- You will come from a strong Software Engineering background with at least 10+ years’ experience and have a firm understanding of the SDLC in an Enterprise environment (with a preference for .NET).
- Knowledge of Kafka, Microservices, APIs, OAuth, Containerisation, Linux.
- Experience building, operating, and supporting products / services in the cloud (Azure or AWS)
- An agile mindset, with experience through multiple iterations of a product or service
- A people centred approach with the ability to create a learning and growth orientated environment.
- Continuous improvement lens using research and experimentation.
- A talent for getting the best out of people through empowerment and recognition.
- Collaborative leadership style and an ability to take stakeholders on the journey with me.
- Empathy and understanding, able to flex your own approach to the needs of others.
- Outcome orientated, persistence to challenge the status quo and deliver customer results.
- Natural risk identification and mitigation lens that does not slow progress
Why join the team at ASB?
At ASB, we are dedicated to our purpose of accelerating financial progress for all New Zealanders. It’s the ‘why’ behind everything we do. We are committed to supporting our customers, people and community as we continue to innovate, so more Kiwis can build the future they want.
You will also have access to
- A competitive salary along with a market competitive Short Term Incentive bonus
- A broad range of exclusive Staff Banking Benefits
- Life and Income Protection Insurance
- Strong professional development opportunities
- Flexible working options with consideration to the role, along with joining a dynamic and diverse team
How To Apply
Submit your application today using the Application link.
Company: ASB Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Application Deadline: N/A