Website World Vision
This Job Listing is about World Vision in Freetown, Sierra Leone 2022
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Content Development for internal and external Engagement
- Produce high-quality child-focused written stories that demonstrate World Vision’s impact for engagement on digital channels, and marketing, fundraising, and public engagement.
- Produce high-quality, child-focused visual content (photo and or video) that inspires, engages, and positively transforms diverse audiences.
- Support the production of high-impact communications products to facilitate World Vision’s external engagement efforts and resource acquisition.
- Initiate relevant topical content in support of World Vision’s key priorities and key global moments for use to engage audiences.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with field staff to facilitate successful coordination and planning of field visits.
- Package and disseminate stories to World Vision global offices through approved information management channels.
- Support World Vision International Sierra Leone to reach its target audiences and inspire meaningful action.
- Ensure all content complies with World Vision’s safeguarding protocols.
- Develop and maintain key media contacts and build strategic relationships with media in Sierra Leone, including international correspondents and wire agencies.
- Proactively pursue opportunities to pitch compelling story ideas including press releases to the media.
- Facilitate and coordinate World Vision’s engagement with the media in Sierra Leone to position the organization as a credible voice for children and voice of authority on advocacy, humanitarian, and development issues.
- Coordinate, plan, and facilitate media visits to World Vision’s programmes.
Emergency Response Communications
- Produce high-quality, compelling, and child-focused communications resources during emergencies to draw attention to the humanitarian needs and support World Vision’s marketing and fundraising efforts.
- Monitor context issues including reputational risks, and proactively share information for prompt decision making.
- Coordinate and facilitate media engagement during emergencies, including draft social media updates, key messages, and press releases.
- Facilitate and coordinate the development of reports, including situation reports, during emergencies.
- Provide overall communications support to the Response teams and leadership.
- Participate in the design of communications business plans and initiatives that ensures the communications department delivers on high-value results.
- Support the production of content for WVI Sierra Leone internal communications/engagement initiatives.
- Facilitate staff engagement during key global moments.
- Support staff training to effectively communicate the impact/contribution of World Vision in Sierra Leone.
- Facilitate, coordinate and liaise with service providers to ensure timely and high-quality delivery of results.
- Support planning and coordination of World Vision’s public events.
- Support all communications aspects of internal and external engagement for other departments.
Branding and Reputation
- Ensure World Vision’s reputation and brand is protected and strengthened through effectively managed external engagement.
- Ensure World Vision’s brand consistency, and appropriate implementation across offices of World Vision and donor branding and visibility guidelines.
- Monitor and track online, traditional and social media and report relevant information to senior management to inform decision making.
- Participate in inter-agency meetings of interest and strategic to World Vision on behalf of communications manager.
- Any other responsibilities as might be assigned from time to time.
Applicant Types Accepted
Local Applicants Only
Company: World Vision
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone
Application Deadline: N/A