Website Splash International
This Job Listing is about Splash International in Bahir Dar, Ethiopia 2022
Splash is an international development organization founded in 2007 and headquartered in Seattle, Washington, USA. In 15 years, we have reached over 800,000 children in cities around the world. In 2019, we embarked on an exciting, five-year initiative, Project WISE (WASH in Schools for Everyone), focused on reaching over 800,000 children in three major growth cities – Addis Ababa and Bahir Dar, Ethiopia and Kolkata, India – with improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure, WASH behavior change programs, and strengthened school-based menstrual health programs. Looking ahead, we aim to expand our impact to new cities across five countries in Asia and Africa.
Splash supports local leaders, institutions, and partners to drive lasting change on the ground. We believe that local capacity to solve problems at scale exists, and our job is to strategically support and magnify the impact of local governments, non-profit and for-profit actors for the good of children and families across the cities in which we work.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People – People first. People second. People third.
- Quality – Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty – No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy – Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes – Make them, don’t repeat them.
Splash values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization, and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants for employment. To learn more, please visit www.splash.org.
This full-time position is based in Bahir Dar, Ethiopia.
The Coordinator, Finance & Operations will be responsible for maintaining accurate records, verifying invoices, participating in budget preparations, leading human resources, and procurement. The Coordinator will manage the flow of the workplace and optimize day-to-day activities. Working closely with the Finance Team in Addis Ababa and leadership in Bahir Dar, the Coordinator will ensure timely and accurate accounting, internal and external reporting, and compliance with internal Splash and external donor policies and requirements.
This role reports to the Senior Project Manager, Bahir Dar.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep accurate records for all daily business transactions using accounting software.
- Verify invoices while coding and recording in the books of account.
- Stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules, and regulations; compile and follow all applicable local policies;
- Archive all finance documents and ensure that they are in safe custody and easily accessible by the finance team.
- Provide inputs for the revision of the chart of accounts when needed.
- Record accruals, PPE, accounts payable and accounts receivable in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and participate in the external audit process.
- Prepare monthly payroll, reconcile bank statements, assist with budget preparation, and perform other duties as required.
- Support the training of implementing partner capacity building.
- In coordination with the Senior Manager, P&C in Addis Ababa, deliver HR management, including policy, process, and employee relations management.
- Oversee HR-related administrative duties and ensure compliance with existing legal and governmental reporting requirements. Ensuring all legal obligations are fulfilled.
- Maintain accurate and complete HR data and personnel files. Assist in implementation, administration, and compliance tracking for HR-related guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Oversee all procurement processes. This will include procurement related to Splash’s full scope of water, sanitation, hygiene, and menstrual health programming at schools in Addis. It will also include international logistics and other procurements, facilitating specifications and regulatory information, developing RFP/RFQ’s for goods and services, contract Administration, and procurement policy monitoring and compliance.
- Improve productivity and efficiency and reduce costs while securing high-quality materials for local partner organization
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, Human Resources, Business Management, Accounting, Finance, and Economics, plus seven years’ related work experience including demonstrated experience in finance and operations.
- At least Seven years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience with the acquisition of equipment, supplies, commodities, or services and goods.
- Experience as an HR generalist, including recruitment, performance management, employee relations, compensation, training and development, and HR Administration.
- Solid technology skills, including a high level of proficiency in MS Office and some familiarity with cloud-based software.
- Professional level of verbal and written fluency in English and Amharic.
- Analytical ability in creating effective Finance & Operation solutions while adhering to local laws and regulations.
DESIRED ATTRIBUTE INCLUDE
- You exhibit absolute integrity, honesty, openness, and sound judgment.
- You demonstrate excellent organizational skills, self-motivation, flexibility, and the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, entrepreneurial environment.
- You are an excellent communicator, with the ability to listen, communicate effectively, and build trust with a wide variety of internal and external constituents.
- You enjoy collaboration and have a genuine interest in learning from and developing others.
- Innovative and creative: you constantly seek better ways to accomplish objectives.
- You think critically and put a high value on offering and receiving constructive feedback.
- You have a deep belief in and passion for Splash’s work and the children we serve.
- You represent Splash in a professional and positive way, communicating with partners and co-workers with a high level of respect.
- You are willing and able to participate in meetings outside of normal business hours, as needed.
Compensation and Benefits
The annual salary for this position will be commensurate with experience and will be reviewed at least annually.
Company: Splash International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: N/A