Website DHL Global Forwarding
This Job Listing is about DHL Global Forwarding in Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the job
Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) is the logistics provider of the world with over 520,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories. DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group’s air, ocean and road freight specialist. We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
Connecting People. Improving Lives.
Currently, we are seeking for Regional Director – Bulk Liquids – MEA. In this role, the successful candidate must (co-)create the Bulk Liquid strategy and translate this into clear and concise local plans for each team to drive sales and business excellence. The candidate will report to the Vice President Ocean Freight Middle East and Africa.
- Manages the P&L for the Bulk Liquids division in MEA
- Create the Bulk Liquid strategy and translate this into clear and concise local plans for each team to drive sales and business excellence.
- Selling full freight forwarding service solutions.
- Upselling fully integrated flexi tank services to current and potential clients.
- Developing of company’s digital platform and automation such as direct connectivity with carriers.
- Meet and rebrand current sustainability targets in regards to flexi tank.
- Expending solution selling flexi tank services for specific market areas and type of customers.
- Grow business and ensure a good bulk logistic service delivery to all potential clients.
- Generates a growing Bulk Liquids client base.
- Invest in long term solid partnerships, focusing on understanding and influencing current and future customer needs.
- Identify opportunities and target & convert potential clients to becoming loyal customer.
- Actively (help) generate and share market insights, analyze competitors and (help) translating these findings to future customer needs and activities.
- Focus on accurate, timely forecasting and reporting.
- Managing and coaching team members
Job Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Affinity with bulk liquids and/or shipping.
- Technological affinity and experience.
- Experience with managing a full P&L.
- Experience in managing, motivating and coaching teams.
- Experience in internal- and external stakeholder management.
- Comfortable in working with CRM systems.
- All modes of bulk – flexi tanks, ISO
- Focused on identifying and understanding each customer’s needs. Expresses and acts on desire to assist customers in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Understands business principles and language, including the fundamentals of finance and profitability. Uses this understanding to achieve results and to increase the performance and profitability of our company.
- Has a holistic mindset and stays abreast of important trends that may affect our competitiveness as a group. Manages the business, giving priority to the international position of our company.
- Develops and communicates strategies and goals that achieve competitive advantage. Demonstrates a clear understanding of the organisation’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Contributes to an environment where people at all levels stand up for their ideas and where the status quo can always be challenged for the better.
- Knows the talent needs of the team. Attracts and develops the people who can meet those needs. Encourages effective cooperation among team members and between teams. Inspires team spirit and the commitment to achieve high standards of performance.
- Interpersonal styles to create and sustain effective relationships with business partners (e.g. suppliers, joint venture partners, industry groups, competitors, governments, unions) and colleagues. Is open to approaches that meet mutual goals.
- Challenges self and others to exceed standards and achieve extraordinary results striving for best-in-class. Is not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 8 years of managerial experience in the Freight Forwarding and Logistics industry
- University Degree (preferably in a related field) or equivalent experience
- Opportunities in a global company where you can contribute your ideas and skills to move towards our shared goals.
- Possible further career development
- Competitive salary
Why join DHL Global Forwarding?
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees. The development of talented women in our organization will be a focus for us and an important part of our DGF Strategy 2025.
We aspire to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World.
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: Connecting People, improving lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Company: DHL Global Forwarding
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A