Website dmg events
This Job Listing is about dmg events in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the job
About Us – Dmg Events
dmg events is an international exhibitions and publishing company. We attract more than 425,000 visitors to our global portfolio of 80 exhibitions each year. Through our global events, our aim is simple. We want to accelerate business through face-to-face events, which is why we work so hard to bring people together, creating opportunities for them to network, learn and do business.
dmg events is part of the Daily Mail Group Trust (DMGT). DMGT Manages a diverse, multinational portfolio of companies with total revenues of £2bn, that provide businesses and consumers with compelling information, analysis, insight, events, news and entertainment.
The Commercial Sales Executive will be charged with securing sponsorship and exhibition revenues for a specific event or several events simultaneously. You will be responsible for the execution of B2B sponsorship and exhibition sales campaigns of your assigned event and accounts, so the ideal candidate will be both analytical and creative, in addition to having the ability to successfully deliver against multiple projects throughout the year – efficiently and effectively following a plan to meeting targets and ensure a great customer experience.
- Vendor Analysis – conduct market research to ensure you understand the dimensions of the vendor / client relationships in the market relevant to your events, target market segmentation, identification of industry trends; and monitoring competitive event performance.
- Business Development – consult with new and existing clients to identify needs, build demand and sell show packages (single and group) to the event’s target market group.
- Planning – develop sales plans as specified as well as coordinating on-going sales initiatives, including coordination with the conferences’ and exhibition marketing managers of the sponsorship marketing (online and offline) campaign and relationships with relevant external partners that can help promote the events to vendors.
- Sales Targets – Take full ownership of your allocated clients, revenue targets, new business development and reporting.
- Research – identify and qualify new leads and input the data into our CRM.
- Operational Execution – Oversee the administration and fulfilment of each sponsorship package sold in liaison with event operations.
- Collaboration – working closely with production, marketing and sponsorship teams internally to ensure that you are accurately targeting potential customers and clients.
- Commercial Knowledge – Keep up to date via a wide range of material including various industry publications relevant to the topic areas and audiences of your assigned events for developments and trends in the industry.
- Personal Development – take a deep interest in the sales discipline and the industry; showing the ability to learn fast and absorb information.
- Travel – where relevant attending the event with the objective of re-signing and/or gaining commitment from sponsors and exhibitors to attend the following year’s event.
We are looking for an experienced and influential individual with excellent working relationships within both the energy (particularly oil & gas) and event organisation sectors.
What we look for in the ideal candidate
- Have an excellent telephone manner and consistently high call rates.
- Have 1 to 2 years’ experience in B2B conference sponsorship and exhibition sales, ideally in the energy sector.
- Be a serial networker and social media savvy.
- Have technical experience with contract management, budget management, and proposal writing.
- Have experience in the use of databases (preferably Salesforce) in both mass and targeted sales campaigns.
- Be able to cross and up sell opportunities and products.
- Focus on the customer needs AND seek win/win agreements.
- Have excellent written and verbal English.
- Customer Focused – put the customer at the heart of everything we do
- Harding working – Strong work ethic representing our industry leading brands
- Studious – Desire to learn and embrace best practice within your discipline
- Respectful – demonstrate consistency and reliability in all areas
- Collaborative – display open communication and innovation
- Proactive – take initiative on opportunities and test your ideas
- Efficient – display excellent time management and prioritisation
- Effective – focusing on the right things at the right time to deliver the best results.
Company: dmg events
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A