Website Drydocks World - Dubai
This Job Listing is about Drydocks World Dubai in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the job
- Managing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Advising on Legal and contractual matters.
- Assisting on corporate mergers and acquisitions.
- Managing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating ship repair contracts and commercial agreements.
- Managing insurance related documents, claims procedures, tender documents.
- Initiating debt recovery measures.
- Managing litigation, arbitration and disputes
- Supervising work of other Legal Counsel of the Legal Department.
- Managing external counsel.
- Assisting with setting up best practice within the Company.
- Assisting to ensure the smooth running of the legal department.
- Assisting with training of internal legal and commercial department on relevant legal issues.
- Deputizing for the General Counsel during leave.
Qualification/Experience & Skills
- Graduate degree in law in western common law jurisdiction.
- Admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction.
- Minimum of 8 years legal work experience preferred in private practice or in-house roles in shipping/ oil and gas companies.
- Practical Shipping law experience preferably with specific reference to shipyard work.
- Ability to work independently, lead a small team and supervise others’ work where necessary.
- High commercial acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Proactive and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
Company: Drydocks World – Dubai
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A