Website Dubai Properties (DP)
This Job Listing is about Dubai Properties DP in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the job
Key Accountabilities: Specify the output required from the job.
Ongoing review of processes and policies
- Review and update of processes and policies including Segregation of Duty Matrices
- Develop and deliver training to business process owners on a regular basis to build knowledge and understanding of risks and controls in DHRE Finance.
- Actively seek uniformity and automation of controls across DHRE through efficient use of financial systems and innovative technology to enhance and continuously improve the design and effectiveness of controls, including efficiencies in documentation, assessment, and monitoring of controls
Driving the completion of Balance sheet schedules and statutory audits touch points
- Monitor completion of balance sheet schedules and assist the AR and AP team with any technical aspects related to the same
- Focal point for statutory audits requests from Reporting team / Internal Audit etc.
IFRS / Accounting Technical Aspects
- Review of monthly complex revenue recognition workings based on IFRS and associated Percentage of Completion (PoC) workings which includes liaison with North 25, Development team and Infrastructure teams
- Ensuring AR and AP processing team compiling the PoC workings and Revenue recognition workings are updated with any technical developments affecting their work
Project CAPEX review
- Validation of PCs, invoices and other invoices for projects.
- Review and conclude the month end accruals for projects
- Review and conclude allocation of infra costs to projects and other verticals
- Review of release of advance payment guarantee and performance guarantees for contractors
- Review and conclude provisions for EOT, Claims and other CAPEX
- Review of substation cost share calculations
- Review of the cost for project management company’s fees (accruals and payments). Comparison and monitoring CAP at project level.
- Review and conclude PHDS CWIP reconciliation at project level (Include recon of balance inventory, does not include movement schedule for FS)
- Review of cost to complete of projects on a half yearly basis and comparison to approved budget.
- Review of the cost reports for projects (build to sell and infrastructure projects)
- Attend monthly project management review
- Review and conclude Forecast for the Cash outflows for CAPEX
- Half yearly review of provisions for RTA and other authority fees for completeness, accuracy and existence
- Conclude the impairment review on an annual basis of the capital work in progress.
- Review of development team inputs in the 5 years business plan considering the project cost reports.
Assisting Director Financial Control in concluding transactions / contracts and compiling reports / presentations
- Liaising with business partners within and outside DHRE to conclude contracts and transactions
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate with peer group as well as higher management in other departments and business partners
- Work on projects / initiatives as assigned including any corporate level projects
- Work closely with stakeholders across functions in a fast-paced environment, able to provide solution to issues
Key Performance Indicators
- Accuracy and correctness of monthly revenue recognition
- Turn around requests on review of documents in specified time
- Process improvement and efficiency- demonstrated by reduction in process times
Qualifications, Experiences, Skills
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
Qualified Chartered Accountant
Experience of auditing with one of the big 4 audit firms
Minimum Experience (number of years):
5+ years of professional experience
Job Specific Technical Skills:
- Thorough understanding of IFRS and accounting
- Working knowledge of ERPs and Accounting systems (knowledge of oracle, sales force and Yardi is preferred)
- Attention to detail and able to work in a non-structured environment.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Strong team orientation, exceptional work ethic.
- Familiarity with best practices related to procure to pay, bill to collect and project accounting
- Ability to summaries and present data in concise and accurate manner
- Handling multiple books of accounts and ledgers
- Dealing with high volume of transactions
- Tight turn-around SLAs
- Having ability to correlate information from multiple sources and establishing accurate cause and effect scenarios
- Execution & Delivery
- oriented, ensures operational excellence in areas of responsibility and delivers best results. Takes active ownership of problems and provide timely and result focused solutions. Remains outcome-driven.
- ownership of responsibility and be responsible for the consequences of work output.
- Team Work & Collaboration
- a culture of trust, collaboration and support. Works collaboratively both within one’s own function and across functions to achieve DP goals.
- Effective Communication
- clearly and effectively (both verbal and written). Communicates timely and responsively. Seeks feedback and provides feedback. Encourages open discussion and dialogue.
- self and encourage others to actively look beyond boundaries for new insights and opportunities for success.
- Customer Service Orientation
- and maintain strong external and internal customer relationships by identifying and anticipating customer needs and responding to them by maintaining long term relationship.
Company: Dubai Properties (DP)
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A