This Job Listing is about dubizzle in Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the job
The Data Engineer will help deliver world-class big data solutions and drive impact for the dubizzle business. You will be responsible for exciting projects covering the end-to-end data life cycle – from raw data integrations with primary and third-party systems, through advanced data modeling, to state-of-the-art data visualization and development of innovative data products.
You will have the opportunity to build and work with both batch and real-time data processing pipelines. While working in a modern cloud-based data warehousing environment alongside a team of diverse, intense and interesting co-workers, you will liaise with other teams– such as product & tech, the core business verticals, trust & safety, finance and others – to enable them to be successful.
Bayut & dubizzle, an EMPG company, has the unique distinction of being iconic, homegrown brands with a strong presence across the seven emirates in the UAE. Connecting millions of users across the country, we are committed to delivering the best online search experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Raw data integrations with primary and third-party systems
- Data warehouse modeling for operational and application data layers
- Development in Amazon Redshift cluster
- SQL development as part of agile team workflow
- ETL design and implementation in Matillion ETL
- Real-time data pipelines and applications using serverless and managed AWS services such as Lambda, Kinesis, API Gateway, REST Api. etc.
- Design and implementation of data products enabling data-driven features or business solutions
- Building data dashboards and advanced visualizations in Periscope Data with a focus on UX, simplicity and usability
- Working with other departments on data products – i.e. product & technology, marketing & growth, finance, core business, advertising and others
- Being part and contributing towards a strong team culture and ambition to be on the cutting edge of big data
- Living the team values: Simpler. Better. Faster,
- Top of class technical degree such as computer science, engineering, math, physics.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with customer-centric data at big data-scale, preferably in an online / e-commerce context
- 1+ years of experience with one or more programming languages, especially Python and SQL
- Experience working with a modern big data warehouse with ETL and data visualization
- Knowledge of relational relational and dimensional data models
- Knowledge of terminal operations and Linux workflows
- Ability to communicate insights and findings to a non-technical audience
- Good SQL skills across a variety of relational data warehousing technologies especially in cloud data warehousing (e.g. Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Vertica, etc.)
- A fast paced, high performing team.
- Multicultural environment with over 45 different nationalities
- Competitive Tax-free Salary
- Comprehensive Health insurance
- Annual Air Ticket Allowance
- Employee discounts at multiple vendors across the emirates
- Rewards & Recognitions
- Learning & Development
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A