Website Evolution Live Event Management LLC
This Job Listing is about Evolution Live Event Management LLC in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the job
( Based out of Jebel Ali, Dubai )
We are looking for a new Operations Manager to join our in-house team. The position is an in-office role, working with the team in Jebel Ali, Dubai and will NOT be offered as a remote-working position.
The Operations Manager will take ownership of all workplace-related Operations & HSE-related matters within Evolution as well as oversee a team of Operations Assistants to facilitate our project-related requirements. To perform well in this role you should have a minimum of 5 years of experience as an Operations Manager in the Events / Exhibitions industry, preferably within the UAE, and must have a strong background in HSE, with a NEBOSH qualification.
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Working closely with Evolution’s Production, Technical, Scenic, Site Services and Furniture Rental teams to create a streamlined flow of operations in and out of the Warehouse.
- Overseeing all daily delivery schedules of rental equipment and event elements for outgoing jobs in coordination with our departmental Project Managers.
- Management and troubleshooting of all logistics, crew and transportation scheduling
- Overseeing all Asset Management and Consumable Stock Control in coordination with our Inventory Manager/s
- Ensuring that all relevant project-related documentation, (e.g delivery schedules, access permits, crew lists and provision of accurate H&S documentation) is completed for each project.
- Taking full charge and maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring a safe working environment for all employees, sub-contractors and stakeholders.
- Providing safety inductions, training and HSE information to all staff, sub-contractors, and ASP’s (Authorized Service Providers).
- Regularly inspecting the workplace for safe work practices and conditions and advise to correct unsafe acts and conditions.
- Providing up-to-date HSE information that is easy to understand and follow to workers, contractors, and visitors. So that workers, contractors, and visitors are made aware of the hazards they might face at the workplace, the measures in place to control the risks, and how to follow emergency procedures;
- Preparing Risk Assessments, SOP’s, Site Safety Plans, Emergency Preparedness & Response, & HSE plans for department(s) and periodically update these as required.
- Conduct frequent TBT’s (tool box talks), safety training, and basic risk assessment training for on-site & off-site staff.
- Prepare and keep the HSE management system “Audit-Ready” all the time including preparation of all ISO45001documentation.
- Provide an appropriate level of consultancy & supervision, especially for new or inexperienced staff.
- Arrange and display the health and safety visual reminders (Federal/Dubai Municipality’s HSE posters, signs, warning signs and other relevant reminders) at the workplace, in vehicles or where needed.
- Manage suitably stocked first aid boxes (back-office, vehicles & sites), arrange approved and certified training from 3rd party (in collaborations with HR) for appointed persons to administer first-aid, and ensure every employee in each department is aware of their first-aid provider and their names & numbers displayed and communicated appropriately.
- Record & report all incidents as described below and keep incident register up-to-date and ensure that every accident/incident is reported to all concerned persons throughout the company, and where necessary, to the relevant authorities.
- Good English writing skills (Incident report, Audit report making, correspondence).
- Knowledge of MS office (Project, Word & PPT, Excel) is required to carry out the job
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience in creating and managing day-to-day operational processes.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, and communications skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experienced in working in a multicultural organisation
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Detail-oriented with good judgment and a clear sense of urgency
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role in Events/Exhibitions Operations
- Strong background in HSE, with a NEBOSH IGC-1, 2 and 3 qualification.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety standards, applicable local regulations and laws.
- Solid training skills – including professional presentation skills
- Experience in developing clear policies and ensuring policy awareness.
- Experience in creating clear and concise reports.
- Experience in giving helpful and engaging presentations.
- Experience in carrying out necessary administrative duties.
Applications should be accompanied by the following:
- Cover letter describing why you feel you are great at what you do
- CV detailing your past work history
- Monthly salary expectation including all allowances
- Current passport & visa status
Company: Evolution Live Event Management LLC
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A