This Job Listing is about ExpressVPN in Poznań 2022
What we are looking for
We are seeking someone who is an individual contributor for our Cloud Platform Tribe and a people manager of other software engineers. If you identify as a Site Reliability Engineer with prior platform experience, or as a Software Engineer passionate about building resilient and scalable systems, and have prior people management experience, this could be the role for you.
As part of the Platform team, you will have the opportunity to shape the next generation of how our engineers build, deploy and run their services in the cloud – services that serve millions of requests per minute to millions of users across the world.
Through infrastructure, tooling, knowledge and support, we partner with product teams to provide solutions that enable and empower them to deliver resilient, secure, scalable solutions in a timely manner. This could be anything from building observability tooling and educating teams on its usage, providing a standardized approach for continuous delivery or working with engineers on the best way to architect cloud-native solutions.
What you will be responsible for
As a leader in this team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Articulating a strategic vision for your team covering the business plan, technology, architecture design and operations.
- Teaching & sharing knowledge throughout the company, to help other engineering teams achieve their goals faster, more securely and more directly. Tooling and platforms you provide will aid them solve their specific problems while you solve more general problems in infrastructure and observability.
- Being the people manager for members of the engineering team. You hire, train, motivate, assign responsibilities, and hold people accountable. You will compare actual versus expected deliverables and exchange actionable feedback at a high frequency.
Your success will be evaluated by:
- Satisfaction of internal customers
- Availability and uptime of infrastructure you provide
- Ease of use
- Effectiveness of training and quality of documentation
- Uptake of standardization of processes as teams choose to onboard onto tooling and infrastructure you provide
- Cost savings you achieve through optimizing infrastructure spend
- Experience mentoring, guiding the growth and evaluating the performance of other software engineers.
- Experience prioritizing work taking into account business priorities and capturing requirements from diverse stakeholders.
- Engineering background and strong interest in building and operating secure, scalable and reliable distributed systems.
- Experience building tools and infrastructure centered around the needs of internal users.
- Ability to communicate effectively through clear and concise documentation.
- Experience in Linux environments with the ability to troubleshoot problems at the OS, database, server, or network level.
- Experience with a public cloud provider, e.g. AWS, GCP.
- Experience with observability solutions and concepts, including their usage in creating resilient systems, e.g. Prometheus, Datadog, Grafana.
- Excellent understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) concepts and tooling, e.g. Terraform.
- Experience of being on-call for mission-critical services, incident management and running postmortems.
Nice to have:
Useful skills or knowledge to have include:
- Experience operating services at scale with containers on top of Kubernetes/EKS, ideally with a service mesh, e.g. Istio.
- Experience of agile development practices.
- Experience with at least one programming language, such as Python or Go.
- Good understanding of security best practices such as threat modeling, secret management.
What we offer:
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast foods, fresh fruit, and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Poznań
Application Deadline: N/A