Are you looking for a Job at Exterran in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
About the job
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) role includes supplier qualifications, improvement and action plans, audits, performance monitoring, and assisting key suppliers towards industrial standards of excellence. Responsibilities include helping to manage vendors, assessing supplier capabilities, making recommendations on supplier acceptability, understanding strategies for assigned commodities, and proactively driving initiatives to meet Sourcing objectives.
A successful candidate will communicate with Product Line, Engineering, Manufacturing and Sourcing team and his/her supervisor on a regular basis as well as present to internal teams on metrics, project status and research.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Interpret Design Engineering data (including blueprints, Bills of Material, specifications), and customer requirements. Define ITP / quality plans that may be required for manufacturing, sourcing or customer contracts.
- Understand and administer supplier quality fulfillment of project contract requirements.
- Ensure a compliant and qualified supply base by conducting supplier evaluations, supplier qualifications, supplier scorecards, supplier improvement action plans, and supplier audits.
- Approve supplier selection through robust qualification processes.
- Improve supplier quality performance for assigned suppliers via Quality Plan implementation and Supplier Quality Standard adherence.
- Review customer / project specifications and identify quality requirements.
- Implement quality inspection and testing requirements.
- Participate in kick-off meeting / pre-inspection meeting with vendor.
- Review and approve vendor quality documentation for First Article Inspections at a minimum. Document Control and Supplier Quality must coordinate to ensure all documents are collected from the supplier.
- Coordinate with Document Control to ensure all inspection reports and records are delivered from the Supplier. Supplier Quality or Document Control should coordinate with Sourcing to close the gaps.
- Arrange quality inspections to be done using internal resources or via a third party inspector.
- Assure supplier compliance to Exterran process and regulatory requirements through supplier monitoring process. Utilize supplier scorecards in line with the requirements of the Quality Management system.
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with Engineering, Global Sourcing leaders, Supply Chain, Manufacturing leaders, and shop floor personnel to manage and implement supplier and engineering changes.
- Interface with Suppliers, Engineering, Services, Manufacturing and Sourcing to drive Quality improvements that minimize the Costs of Quality, specifically Failed on Arrival/Install (FOA/FOI) issues, Field Failures, and Factory defects.
- Assure Corrective and Preventive Action plans are developed and executed at assigned suppliers in compliance with the Correction Action/Preventative Action process.
- Identify and report any quality concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Bachelor’s degree
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in years Quality assurance or related activities.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an ISO compliant quality system.
- Basic knowledge of various welding processes (SMAW, GTAW, FCAW, and SAW) and materials
- Fabrication experience for Mechanical SQEs or Electrical Distribution and Controls for E&I Sourcing Quality Engineers.
- Working knowledge of recognized standards and codes such as ASME Section VIII, API, ASTM, NACE ISO, DIN, AWS, ANSI, and CE Mark requirements.
- Knowledge about NDT methods such as (RT, PAUT, MT, US, ToFD, LP).
- Solid organization, problem-solving, decision-making, judgment, leadership, and team-oriented skills are essential to manage multiple projects.
- Internal and external Auditing experience.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Demonstrated report-writing skills.
- Good communication and facilitation skills to interface between various functions.
- Effective problem-solving, root-cause analytical skills to lead and influence others to drive change (cross functionally and globally).
- Ability to coordinate with customers and third party inspectors.
- Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution skills with suppliers.
- Solids knowledge in the use of Microsoft suite of office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 10 days / month.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Experience in using Oracle Quality module.
- Knowledge of relevant ASME standards.
- Fluency in Spanish in reading, writing, and oral communication is preferred in U.S. and Latin America; Arabic preferred in Middle East; Chinese/Thai/Indonesian preferred in Asia.
Preferred Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree Engineering
- NDT- VT (Visual Test) level II certification
- LSS (Lean Six Sigma) training and belt certification.
Vacancy Type: Temporary · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com