Website Hawk-Eye Innovations Ltd
Are you looking for a Job at HawkEye Innovations Ltd in Abha, ‘Asir, Saudi Arabia
About the job
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Saudi Arabia
Hours: Match-Days Only (weekends and some weekday evenings)
Salary: Competitive Daily Rate
Start Date: Spring/Summer 2021
About The Role»
We are recruiting Match Day Assistants to join our expanding football department in Saudi Arabia. This is an exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of sports technology as part of a young and dynamic team. The role involves the setup and operation of our Video Assistant Referee (VAR) system on-site at football stadiums in your region. Working hours are predominantly scheduled around match times, over weekends and occasional midweek evenings.
- Conduct pre-match checks alongside the Replay Operator
- Monitor and operate the system during the match
- Work with match officials, responding to their requests for replays and quickly delivering them the best possible angles to make crucial decisions
- Software performance analysis
- Outside of match days, the role may encompass maintenance of kit and equipment needed to run the system where needed.
- Understand and be able to implement disaster recovery plans and plug up sheets
MATCHDAY SPECIFICS »
- Assistant Replay Operators are required to be on-site no later than 4 hours before Kick-Off and will remain on-site until all the below responsibilities have been carried out to a high level.
- This is to support the Replay Operator in ensuring the system is performing at its optimum level and we are ready for all services to be delivered to the client.
- As the Assistant Replay Operator on-site, you are responsible for:
- Supporting the Replay Operator with their pre-match setup;
- Ensuring the RRA has been set up neatly and is working correctly;
- Ensuring all SDI cables have been run and set up with TV correctly;
- Ensuring the RRA has been de-rigged correctly and safely;
- De-rigging the SDI cabling from TV and storing these safely and neatly;
- Troubleshooting any issues with the system and configuration mid-match should there be a technical problem
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
What We Need From You »
- A strong technical background, ideally in Broadcast or IT
- Ideally with a university degree in science, technology, engineering or relevant equivalent experience
- Bright and enterprising with excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive, responsible attitude and ability to work on your own initiative with minimum supervision
- Time management skills and ability to work in a high pressure, procedural, live broadcast environment
- Ability to liaise with clients and customers in a professional and approachable manner with attention to good communication.
- An interest in sport and/or sports analysis, ideally with a good knowledge of football and rules of the game
- Full valid driving licence with more than 2 years driving experience required. (Preferable experience driving Goods Vehicles over 3000 kg up to 3500 kg DGW)
- Experience working with VT/replay technology desirable, or live event / technical production
- Proficiency in English and Arabic required.
- Able to adapt to flexible working conditions with irregular working days including weekends and longer days
- A high-autonomy role with real exposure to the forefront of the sports officiating and broadcasting world
- Boost your career with a high responsibility role in a world-class environment
- Access to some of the most intelligent, innovative and driven people in our industry
- A fun, exciting and creative environment
Company: Hawk-Eye Innovations Ltd
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Abha, ‘Asir, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com