This Job Listing is about HSBC in Mumbai,Maharashtra,India 2022
About the job
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some Careers Open More Doors Than Others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC’s wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking that best suit our customers’ needs.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join the Global Business team
To grow and nurture HSBC Premier relationships (the HNI segment of the PLB customer base) and achieve business targets as laid down and in accordance with the business plan. Manage clients with a portfolio between USD 0.5M to USD 1M. To facilitate a single point of contact for all Premier customers, anticipate needs and provide required banking/financial advisory services. The jobholder to ensure that high quality customer service is provided to customers in line with Global Premier Service Standards.
Impact on the Business / Function
- Maximize profit and achievement of the growth of Premier clients portfolio
- Achieve agreed financial targets by development of existing and new relationships
- Build effective relationships with clients to retain and develop sustainable relationships
- Complete regular reviews with clients to understand their current and long term needs and advise them on the products and services that help them achieve their goals
- Effective use of tools and information to drive client service delivery and
- Maintain a minimum standard of qualifying Premier clients within portfolio as stated by Group
- Build a high personal and corporate profile in the community in which you are based. Develop network of Group and External professional contacts with the aim of introducing new business, enhancing technical knowledge and promoting the brand
- Monitor and act on daily sales activity management information and other internal information tools, using them to coach the wider Branch team in support of business goals
- Establish and agree client contact strategies in line with Group operating models
- Fully utilize and input to Client Relationship Management data, ensuring all client information is complete and kept up to date
Customers / Stakeholders
- Own the client relationship with HSBC
- Maintain a deep understanding and technical knowledge of relevant products and services available from Group sources and elsewhere in order to provide the best solutions for clients and maximize revenues for Global Wealth and the Group
- Maintain highest standard of excellence in client service across the team and with individual portfolio – Ongoing analysis of client portfolios through marketing of ideas and researching clients
- Monitor client satisfaction data implementing portfolio level improvements
- Work with the broader branch, support and direct teams to ensure achievement of the business performance measures by delivering differentiated products and services to the client
Leadership & Teamwork
- To work as part of an integrated branch management team to ensure, standards and are met and operating models delivered
- Proactively support others through direct and indirect actions beyond activities particular to this role
- Collaborate with the wider team to deliver the Branch RBWM Performance measures and plan to support the multi-channel client journey
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues in the wider RBWM businesses and others as appropriate to service client needs
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensuring that sales & operations are undertaken in accordance with HSBC Bank plc FIM, BIM and Credit Policy Manual appropriate lending guidelines
- Agree and manage lending facilities within any agreed Approval Authority (RAA)
- Manage operational risk, by using relevant MI to identify risk situations and take any appropriate action to minimize loss
- Adhere to selling process and sales quality requirements
- Comply with the applicable laws, regulations, Group and local guidelines related to Sanctions and AML policy of HSBC while undertaking various day to day operations
- Remain alert and promptly report to the Sanctions Officer/ INM FCC office/ Line manager ( As applicable and required by the AML and sanction Policy) if a customer is found to be engaging in sanction evasion activities or violations of AML policy or any other related procedures.
- Understand the legal responsibility to be vigilant for unusual activity and reporting of the unusual activities
- Support the Country or Regional FCC AML Office/ AML Investigations by providing additional information when required
- Responsible for attending and successfully completing the AML and Sanctions related assigned training in the mandated timeframe
- Understanding the consequences of failing to attend or successfully complete the training as mandated by the AML Education Lead FCC;
- Requesting additional AML training that you deem necessary or appropriate to perform your jobs through your entity manager
- Demonstrate an understanding of PEP acceptance, prohibition, CDD & EDD guidelines in order to ensure that the INM RBWM is fully compliant with the PEP LoBP.
- Understand the relatively high reputational risk that arises from any perceived weaknesses in controls in respect of substantial cash deposits or withdrawals activity, wire transfer, monetary instruments and pouch and mail
- To be aware and Identify high risk indicators for various products and Services offered by INM RBWM example Cash, insurance, credit cards products etc
- Ensure that all records are obtained in respect of INM RBWM customers or New to bank customer for any products and services provided by HSBC are as per the process laid down.
- Must ensure that the prescribed process is being followed while dealing with non HSBC customers request for monetary instruments and wire transfers
- Ensure Adherence to the regulatory guidelines and internal AML & Sanction Policy of HSBC, which includes pouch and mail, monetary instruments, cash services and payment transparency Line of Business Procedures
- To be aware of AML risk posed by pouch and mail, Monetary instruments, cash services and wire transfer services and should undergo the mandatory training for the same
- Necessary remediation steps needs to be undertaken in case if there is any breach or non-adherence to the policy laid down in the LoBP
- Must undertake necessary due diligence to ensure that the nature of the transaction is in sync with the customer profile , else raise it to line manager for further clarification
- The staff must be aware of the scope of services of various products and services that are offered and those which are prohibited because of the guidelines laid down in the line of Business procedures and must ensure the same is communicated to customer in a effective and polite manner
- Ensure adequate due diligence is undertaken by the Individual/team to ensure that the nature of the various transactions of wire transfer, cash services, monetary instruments are in sync with customer profile
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years proven and progressive financial services and/or retail sales experience or equivalent
- Evidence of strong sales results in insurance and investment products
- Relationship management experience with high net worth clients
- Strong technical skills in wealth management
- Strong communication, client focus and influencing skills
- Strong sales orientation, networking and portfolio management skills
- Sound knowledge of financial services products and services and the client relationship management system
- Understanding of business banking client segment and products and services
- Local regulatory & license requirements – job holder should possess valid licenses with accreditation on wealth management and qualification as required by country
- Clear view on how to work with Compliance, Credit & Risk and Internal Control to ensure a balanced risk operating environment
- Able to communicate well in English and local languages
- Attain appropriate professional and regulatory qualifications as required by market AMFI & IRDA
- Have an understanding of the immediate regional Global Wealth strategy and the ability to plan own activities accordingly
- Be ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery to colleagues and clients
- Show ability to set stretch goals for self and the ability to deliver these with courage and tenacity
- Be authentic and show ability to engage with colleagues and clients to deliver at pace
- Make considered decisions that protect HSBC & Global Wealth values, reputation and businesses
- Mandatory to successfully complete Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions training and post-course assessment, as required.
Link to Careers Site: Click HERE
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, India
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mumbai,Maharashtra,India
Application Deadline: N/A