Are you looking for a Job at Hubpay in United Arab Emirates
About the job
Hubpay is the digital wallet for the remittance community providing access to mobile money. We are a licensed Money Services Business (MSB) which has launched a cross-border wallet and are currently one of only two MSB license holders in the UAE. Our first product to market is remittances and we are expanding internationally, launching our wallet in markets across Asia and expanding our product range to include loans, savings and insurance.
Hubpay is passionate about its customers and puts financial inclusion and positive social benefit at the heart of its business. We are looking for an equally passionate Data Scientist to join the growing Data Science team and drive the development of innovative modelling and analytical solutions to make HubPay an insight-led business. You will join a dynamic international team who are paving the way for financial inclusion across the Middle East and Asia.
The business has successfully completed both Seed and Bridge fundraising and is backed by leading international Venture Capital (VC) funds. Hubpay is currently conducting a market-leading Series A capital raise and will expand into new products and new countries following this raise.
Role & Responsibilities
- Build highly effective models and data pipelines to support insight, decision-making and automation.
- Employ powerful machine learning techniques to maximise the insight and benefit derived from data.
- Employ a range of data science tools including Python, R and other tools, hosted on the cloud, to efficiently deliver data science solutions.
- Produce clean code that is typically written in the functional programming paradigm and is near-production-ready, suitable for deployment on our Data Science Platform.
- Work with our data engineers to ensure that code is fully production-ready and to ensure that you are making best use of our Data Science Platform.
- Test data science solutions to the highest standards, including model validation and software testing, to ensure that they deliver maximum business benefit.
- Use your commercial understanding of the HubPay business and its objectives to propose ideas and visions for models that will drive the business forward.
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure that data is extracted from operational systems in the most efficient manner and analytical outputs returned are suitable for their needs.
- Work closely with UI designers and CX teams to ensure that UIs support data acquisition and to ensure that data science supports the customer journey.
- Participate in an ideas-driven culture within the Data Science team and with other teams in HubPay to co-create the innovations that will drive HubPay forward.
- Draw on the wider data science community outside HubPay in order to ensure that we always bring in the latest tools and ideas when these are relevant to our business.
- Work under the direction of the Vice President of Data Science and the Lead Data Scientist but be willing to speak up and take part in technical discussions of the best way forward.
- Work with the streamlined structures that the Data Science team is establishing for agile project management, clean coding, proper software testing and other disciplines, to ensure efficient delivery and risk control.
- Operate according to incremental delivery, creating a series of small solutions that add up to a big solution for all data science challenges.
- Coordinate with colleagues across multiple locations and time zones to deliver effective solutions on-time.
- A passion for all things related to data science.
- EITHER advanced-level data science development skills in Python combined with intermediate-level skills in R OR advanced-level data science development skills in R combined with intermediate-level skills in Python.
- Ability to write clean code in a functional programming paradigm, ready for deployment on a production system.
- Knowledge of MLOps.
- Advanced knowledge of machine learning methods and statistical modelling techniques.
- Good knowledge of the mathematical and statistical principles underpinning modelling and machine learning techniques.
- Strong capabilities in data visualisation.
- Advanced skills in extraction of data from data warehouses, databases and other sources.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Thorough capabilities in all aspects of data cleansing and preparation for modelling and machine learning.
- Some skills in the areas of systems engineering and database architecture.
- Proven experience working with non-technical teams, involving them in defining solutions, encouraging them to experiment and coaching them agile ways of working.
- Good knowledge of financial services and trends in the consumer market.
- Superior organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask in a highly energetic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, listening) and the ability to see where communication gaps exist and fix them.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Can-do attitude.
- Experience of working across product, marketing and other commercial teams.
- Experience in a financial services, or another regulated industry.
- Experience of any of the following: marketing analytics, risk analytics, credit scoring, commercial optimisation, automation.
· PhD, MSc or equivalent professional experience in data science, machine learning, statistics, or an equivalent quantitative discipline.
- A remuneration package comprising a competitive salary and other benefits.
- The chance to work in a fast-growing, innovative organisation that is making a positive difference in the world.
- Being part of the disruptive field and learn directly from the founding team.
- Working for a start-up backed by global venture capital.
Start Date: January 2021
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please email your CV to [email protected]
Hubpay is an equal opportunity employer and is open to all candidates.
Please note we are running a fully remote interview process and are able to on-board and hire remotely as well.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com