Website The Kaizen Company
This Job Listing is about The Kaizen Company in Amman, Amman, Jordan 2022
About The Kaizen Company
The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is an international development consulting firm and an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals. We aspire to transform the nature and impact of development assistance and work to strengthen organizations and institutions through innovative approaches to organizational development, reform, and change.
Jordan Monitoring, Evaluation, And Learning Activity Overview
The Jordan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (“the Activity”) is designed to ensure USAID’s activities in Jordan achieve their intended results through monitoring and evaluation, strategic assessments, and USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting approach (CLA). The Activity helps USAID create a dynamic learning environment among development actors focused on innovation, quality MEL practices, and knowledge sharing. Through the Activity Accelerator, a rapid procurement mechanism, a cohort of Jordanian firms work with the Activity team to successfully deliver projects while simultaneously strengthening their management and compliance systems. This approach provides USAID with high-quality MEL services across its portfolio, builds the capacity of local MEL organizations, and ensures USAID programs meaningfully empower and enhance local participation. The Activity team ensures program sustainability by building the technical and institutional capacity of one or more local organizations to be capable of managing the MEL contract that follows the Activity.
Background and Objectives
The HR Officer will be a long-term position based in Amman, Jordan and working out of the Activity office. The position will support the operations and human resources duties of the Activity and report to the Finance and Operations Manager. This motivated self-starter will assist the Finance and Operations department in coordination of department services and functions relating to personnel data administration and maintenance, including information and document flow for local country office staff, assistance with recruitment, orientation, and training. They will be responsible for the overall human resources duties of the Activity and ensure both long term and short-term staff are process efficiently and in line with Kaizen and Activity policies and procedures. They will also contribute to ensuring the delivery of high-quality Finance and Operations across the Activity.
Location: Amman, Jordan
Responsibilities And Tasks
Responsibilities and tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implement a set of Standard Operating Procedures for recruiting local and international staff and consultants based on the Kaizen recruitment process.
- Coordinate FO hiring with the Dexis and Kaizen home offices for all long and short-term hiring, including the development and updating of job descriptions, screening of applicants, conducting interviews, collecting and reviewing vetting documentation, and drafting staff and consultant agreements and other HR documentation in line with USAID and internal policies and procedures
- Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives
- Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job board/newspapers/etc.
- Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media, and other resources available at Kaizen etc.
- Assess applicants’ experience and aptitudes
- Onboard new employee to become fully integrated into the Activity team.
- Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Promote company’s reputation as “best place to work”
- Orientating new employees and training existing employees on policies and procedures
- Monitoring employee performance according to their roles and responsibilities.
- Ensuring accurate and proper record-keeping of employee information and time sheets.
- Build a Capacity Building plan for staff and reviewing each employee SOW to make sure they understand their rules and responsibilities.
- Lead the annual review process ensuring all staff complete the review process in accordance with Kaizen/Dexis and Activity policies and procedures
- Work with the finance team to ensure payroll is processed accordingly and on time
- Provide support as needed to the Finance and Operations team
- Motivating and supporting current staff.
- Maintaining staff records.
- Managing employee benefits, including the procurement, negotiation, and coordination of benefits with vendors.
- Monitor adherence to internal policies and legal standards
- Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action when required
- Report to senior management by analyzing data and using HR metrics
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSc in Human Resources Management or related field. required
- Five-year work experience as a human resources, recruitment, or similar administrative duties
- Demonstrated ability to conduct different types of interviews (, competency-based, stress etc.)
- Hands on experience with various selection processes (, , reference check etc)
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
- Hands-on experience with recruiting software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Knowledge of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning field an asset
- Knowledge of USAID an asset
- Knowledge of Jordan labor law an asset
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen’s office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Company: The Kaizen Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Amman, Amman, Jordan
Application Deadline: N/A