Website IHG Hotels & Resorts
Are you looking for a Job at IHG Hotels Resorts in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
About the job
About Us As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Located on beach front and with a view of the Hajjar Mountains, InterContinental Muscat is a five-star resort in the heart of the city’s residential, government and diplomatic quarter. The hotel’s Palm Beach Club offers two floodlit tennis courts, a 25-metre olympic size pool, a leisure pool, a fully equipped fitness center, sauna, jacuzzi and easy access to the beach. Local sites of interest include the Grand Mosque, Opera House and Amouage Perfume Factory.
Your day to day
- Carryout all duties that are necessary in resolving reactionary activities, and report the need for further maintenance and safety to supervising staff
- Ensure the proper use of all tools in the workshop for cutting, bending and welding of equipment
- Carryout detailed evaluation of workshop equipment to ensure that they are in good condition for proper functioning
- Assist less skilled workers in different phases of building, construction and general maintenance and review works performed by them to ensure that they are in good condition
- Carryout repairs on ceilings, floors and walls by combining plaster of spackle and painting
- Take out damaged sheets and replace them with sheet rock and finishing seams
- Inspect equipment such as refrigerators and air conditioners from time to time for proper cleaning, speed, temperature and adequate lubrication
- Ensure proper repair and finishing of doors, desks, tables, chairs and other furniture in the organization to ensure comfort of staff and visitors
- Repair and change locks in the building and perform complex lock servicing to ensure maximum safety of all people
- Carryout out ground works by mowing lawns, weeding flower beds, clearing grasses, removing snow and ice on sidewalks to ensure a clean and healthy environment
- Evaluate other temporal or seasonal workers in a range of construction works, assign different tasks to them based on their area of specialization and transport them to and fro work sites accordingly
- Ensure maximum safety of all workers under their supervision by ensuring that they observe all safety measures to the latter, and report conditions that are likely to endanger safety of workers to management for quick resolution
- Perform the installation and repairs of fire and emergency alarms and other appliances that are used to call out for help in cases of emergency.
What we need from you
- Have good knowledge of electricity, carpentry and plumbing among other technical skills
- Have good knowledge of troubleshooting techniques in order to determine exact problems and tackle them accordingly
- Excellent ability to communicate system problems to both co-workers and management for proper understanding
- Exhibit good mechanical skills to handle equipment to avoid causing injuries to self and others on ground
- Have a high school qualification or its equivalent
- Have the ability to evaluate computer related work orders in accordance with accuracy.
What we offer We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits with great room discount with IHG hotels worldwide. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – click here to find out more about us.
Company: IHG Hotels & Resorts
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com