Website Inchcape Shipping Services
This Job Listing is about Inchcape Shipping Services in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the job
Who we are?
At Inchcape, our vision is to have a connected world, in which our customers trade successfully and make better decisions in every port, everywhere. We use technology and our global network to help our partners connect to a smoother, smarter ocean. Inchcape combines its worldwide infrastructure with local expertise through our global network of over 260 proprietary offices, across 60 countries and a team of more than 3,000 committed professionals.
Our diverse global customer base includes owners and charterers in the oil, cruise, container, and bulk commodity sectors as well as naval, government and intergovernmental organizations.
We have an ambitious growth model and a career here is certainly going to be a rewarding one that will allow you to bring your skills & experience. We embrace change and are open to new thinking and pushing for positive change in our industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customs Clearance Officer within our Marine Services Division, the role shall be based out of Dubai, UAE. The Job holder’s main responsibility shall be, but not limited to oversee the overall assignments of the Air freight, Sea freight and Land freight Customs Clearance.
The job holder shall ensure a proactive follow up with the operations team, as well as the Clients, to ensure a complete set of shipping documents are made available for customs clearance in compliance with Dubai Customs regulations.
What you’ll do:
- Processing Bill of Entry for customs documentation in E-Mirsal 2 in Dubai Trade web portal.
- Collection of documents for customs clearance of goods.
- Effective coordination with Air Line, Shipping line, Transporters, and Consolidation Agents for import and export shipments clearance process.
- Liaison with:
a) Dubai Trade & Calogi Web portal services as per the requirements.
b) DNATA & Emirates Cargo Handling agents for Air shipments.
c) DP World & JAFZA authorities for Sea shipments.
d) Carriers and shipping agents as per the requirements.
e) Dubai Customs, Land border Customs and Port Authorities.
- Communicate/correspond with Consignees/Shippers for sending Pre-alerts / Pre-advice/Arrival Notice / Manifest.
- Ensure timely issuance of delivery orders, MBL/HBL/AWB, and any other shipping documents required for the import and export customs clearance.
- Facilitate customs/CID/Police inspection if required for Air, Land, and Sea shipments clearances.
- Facilitate shipment status updates to customers through monitoring movements from Origin to Destination.
Who you are:
- 3+ years’ experience in customs clearance operations within the local market
- Excellent knowledge of Port / Shipping Agency operations
- High level of coordination skills is required
- Working knowledge of operating and / or CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems
- Experience of working to a pre-defined processes and procedures and delivering work in accordance to SLA (Service Level Agreements)
- Strong communicator both written and verbal
- Competent user of the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Having a valid UAE driving license.
Why Inchcape Shipping Services?
We believe in building a diverse and high performing workforce, that works together to provide our customers with the exceptional service they deserve. To reach the highest standards we depend on our people, their welfare, training, and expertise. We realize the value of our staff and know that your unique experiences, skills, and passions will help you to build a rich and rewarding career in our dynamic industry.
Our values are at the Centre of everything we do, and the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate and fully adopt these:
Global Perspective – we connect the world and see the bigger picture.
The Power of People – we rely on the strength of local agent knowledge and relationships.
Progress – we adopt new thinking and push for positive change in our industry.
In return, we will offer you:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals – and exceed them.
- Competitive salary package and performance-based bonus scheme
- Premium medical health insurance with dental & vision coverage
- People. Work with talented, committed, and supportive teammates.
- Great opportunities to grow. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
- Location. Work in the business hub of the Middle East, one of the world’s greatest cities.
If you think that you have the right skills, knowledge, and attitude to join our team, then we invite you to apply by simply responding to the advert.
Appointment to this role will be subject to satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work documentation depending upon your geographical location.
Company: Inchcape Shipping Services
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A