Website Jumeirah Group / Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
Are you looking for a Job at Jumeirah Group Jumeirah Hotels Resorts in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
About the job
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah Muscat Bay Resort lies 15 minutes south of the city centre and 40 minutes from Seeb International Airport. The overall development will include a 1,200 square meters Talise Spa, a diving centre, a wide range of sports and leisure facilities, a selection of restaurants, bars and cafes and a kids club. The resort will also include conference and banquet facilities to cater for Oman’s growing attraction as a destination for conferences, meetings and large-scale events. The resort forms part of a larger development that includes 300 high-end residential townhouses and villas, taking advantage of some of the most beautiful, unspoilt coastline in the Middle East.
About The Role
An exciting role has arisen for a talented, reliable, professional, competent and knowledgeable Bartender to join the pre-opening and F&B (Food and Beverage) department at Jumeirah Muscat Bay Resort. The main purpose of this role is to be flexible and ready to work any shift given as per the requirement of the Outlet and adhere to company service standards.
Your Key Responsibilities Will Include
- To always embrace the Jumeirah Hallmarks
- To follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
- To handle the cash float and transaction of the outlet.
- To requisition, pick up, verify, and store all requisitions for juices, soft drinks and food items used for the bar areas.
- To stock the bar areas with, juices, soft drinks, glassware and condiments.
- To develop a complete working knowledge of the menu items and their ingredients and preparation.
- To develop a complete working knowledge of all products served by the bar, i.e. mocktails, specialty drinks, etc.
- To understand the menu and the daily specials as well as what is not available.
- To maintain all par stocks during service.
- To ensure that all details of service are performed properly and that every guest receives the highest quality of service.
- To utilize the hotel’s computer system ringing up sales, printing checks, closing checks and completing closing readings.
- To ensure proper mixing, blending, etc. of drinks.
- To service all drinks for service bar area, guests and the bar area.
- To keep the bar area neat and tidy at all times clearing dishes and glassware whenever possible.
- To ensure that the bar is stocked and all side opening and closing duties are completed.
- To greet each guest promptly, courteously, graciously with eye contact, a smile and good posture.
- To report any accident immediately, no matter how minor, to a manager.
- To respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- To perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
- To carry trays, bus and reset tables with linen, china, glass and silver if requested
- To handle any problem this may arise informing a manager of the problem and how it was resolved..
- To participate in service activities when needed.
- To present grooming according to the hotel standards.
- To attend all the training subjects to the service colleagues and follow all rules and policies of the hotel
- To be flexible in assisting around different areas of the hotel in response to business and client needs.
- To identify potential problems and ask for assistance before breakdown occurs
- To provide lateral service within the hotel whenever needed
In order to be considered for this role, you should have the below qualifications and experiences.
- Tertiary Education or Equivalent
- Should have over one year experience in similar position
- Ability to handle large restaurants and guest volumes on a daily basis.
- Should be able to work under pressure in a customer service environment
About The Benefits
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing, flight tickets, medical and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, discounts on Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
Jumeirah Muscat Bay [JMBH]
Oct 31, 2021, 10:20:34 AM
Company: Jumeirah Group / Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org