Website Jumeirah Group / Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
Are you looking for a Job at Jumeirah Group Jumeirah Hotels Resorts in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
About the job
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah Muscat Bay Resort lies 15 minutes south of the city centre and 40 minutes from Seeb International Airport. The overall development will include a 1,200 square meters Talise Spa, a diving centre, a wide range of sports and leisure facilities, a selection of restaurants, bars and cafes and a kids club. The resort will also include conference and banquet facilities to cater for Oman’s growing attraction as a destination for conferences, meetings and large-scale events. The resort forms part of a larger development that includes 300 high-end residential townhouses and villas, taking advantage of some of the most beautiful, unspoilt coastline in the Middle East.
About The Role
An exciting role has arisen for a talented, reliable, professional, competent and knowledgeable Waiter/Waitress to join the pre-opening and F&B (Food and Beverage) department at Jumeirah Muscat Bay Resort. The main purpose of this role is to be flexible and ready to work any shift given as per the requirement of the Outlet and adhere to company service standards.
Your Key Responsibilities Will Include
- To always embrace the Jumeirah Hallmarks
- To follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
- To offer guests of the outlet an enjoyable, expertly served beverage/dining experience.
- To anticipate and service of guests’ requirements before requests is necessary.
- To serve and clear food and beverage items in an unobtrusive and professional manner.
- To be familiar with the beverage service including stemware used and appropriates garnishes.
- To utilize a “Captain’s Pad” correctly and for the sake of communication.
- To complete opening and closing side work as assigned and has all tables set according to standard.
- To present menus and explanations for all menu items as well as specials of the day.
- To present children’s menus, when appropriate, and describe specials.
- To utilize the hotel’s computer system ringing up sales, printing checks, closing checks and completing closing readings.
- To carry trays, bus and reset tables with linen, china, glass and silver.
- To change ashtrays, serve cigarettes, crumb tables and offer additional beverages and cigars.
- To ascertain a guest’s satisfaction and handle any problem, which may arise informing a manager of the problem and how it was resolved.
- To service all needs for private dining room or private function.
- To report any accident or guest complaint immediately, no matter how minor, to a manager.
- To recognize and address potential disruptive or undesirable guests.
- To respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- To move tables and chairs
- To breakdown any buffets, displays or side stations when needed
- To clean service area when needed.
- To perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
- To retrieve and stock all linen, china, silver, glassware and food and beverage items.
- To provide unobtrusive and professional service.
- To serve a dish to guests while explaining the contents and preparation.
- To provide water, bread and butter service throughout the meal to guests.
- To offer coffee or tea and serve any requested according to Jumeirah standards.
- To report for duty 5 minutes before the scheduled time, clean and tidy and wearing the correct uniform.
- To carry and break down trays properly and safely.
- To clear tables and reset them for specific number of persons.
- To provide quick and attentive assistance to any mishap in the restaurant.
- To sweep/vacuum the floor before a shift if needed.
- To attends all the training subjects to the service colleagues and follows all rules and policies of the hotel
- To handle cash and credit card procedures according to the guidelines of the accounting department
- To identify potential problems and ask for assistance before breakdown occurs
- To provide lateral service within the hotel whenever needed
In order to be considered for this role, you should have the below qualifications and experiences.
- Tertiary Education or Equivalent
- Should have over one year experience in similar position
- Ability to handle large restaurants and guest volumes on a daily basis.
- Should be able to work under pressure in a customer service environment
About The Benefits
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing, flight tickets, medical and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, discounts on Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
Jumeirah Muscat Bay [JMBH]
Oct 30, 2021, 11:51:20 PM
Company: Jumeirah Group / Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com