Website Jumeirah Group / Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
Are you looking for a Job at Jumeirah Group Jumeirah Hotels Resorts in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
About the job
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah Muscat Bay Resort lies 15 minutes south of the city centre and 40 minutes from Seeb International Airport. The overall development will include a 1,200 square meters Talise Spa, a diving centre, a wide range of sports and leisure facilities, a selection of restaurants, bars and cafes and a kids club. The resort will also include conference and banquet facilities to cater for Oman’s growing attraction as a destination for conferences, meetings and large-scale events. The resort forms part of a larger development that includes 300 high-end residential townhouses and villas, taking advantage of some of the most beautiful, unspoilt coastline in the Middle East.
About The Role
An exciting role has arisen for hard working Junior Sous Chef to join the pre-opening and Culinary department at Jumeirah Muscat Bay Resort. The main purpose of this role is to perform and delegate tasks to a multi-cultural team and ensure a superior production and presentation.
Your Key Responsibilities Will Include
- Ability to handle multiple tasks as well as busy banqueting, outside catering & volume production with an eye to detail and presentation
- Stay up to date with latest culinary trends and create ideas to a better and consistent implementation
- Handling of the fully implemented HACCP guidelines as well as general health & safety at workplace
- Creating in conjunction with the Chef De Cuisine/Culinary Director of menus, buffets and “specials” that meet the needs of the target market and in line with the operating concept of the restaurants
- To maintain good working relationship with colleagues and all other departments
- Assumes responsibility of increasing departmental sales and profit
- To minimize payroll costs by maximizing the productivity and efficient scheduling of employees
In order to be considered for this role, you should have a minimum of 5 years experience in the culinary profession with a minimum of 1 year in a supervisory position (Senior CDP or above). You should be able to handle multiple tasks as well as busy banqueting and volume operations.
About The Benefits
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing, annual flight tickets, medical and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
Food and Beverage
Jumeirah Muscat Bay [JMBH]
Oct 24, 2021, 3:29:54 PM
Company: Jumeirah Group / Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com