This Job Listing is about Kazang in CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica 2022
About the job
The successful candidate will obtain a role as Mobile Developer in our Mobile Team. This is a medium-sized team, working on several different projects using both Native and Cross-platform technologies. They report to their line manager, the Mobile Architect, who reports directly to the CIO of the company. The team is self-organising and has access to Designers, Project Manager, as well as QA resources. In addition, developers will be in touch with Business Development representatives from time to time. We operate as a Squad (à la Spotify model) and work within an Agile environment. Our mobile products are used by tens of thousands of people in SA, Botswana, Namibia, and Zambia.
- Working alongside other Mobile developers in a team on several different projects.
- Creating and maintaining mobile applications.
- Keeping abreast of the latest technology for mobile applications.
- Able to complete a task from start to finish – that includes planning, development, testing, and submitting a code review.
- Able to write Unit/UI tests.
- Solid understanding of mobile best practices.
- Able to create design documents for new features.
- Excellent communication within the team regarding process, progress, questions, and encouraging debate on methodologies and/or approaches.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Mobile Developer.
- Proficient understanding and knowledge of Java, Kotlin, Git & Android Studio. Knowledge of Dart (Flutter) preferred.
- Adept at client-side integration with back-end technologies e.g. RESTful interfaces, GraphQL or other related API’s.
- Proven history of collaboration on applications that went to market.
Education & Qualifications:
- BSc in Computer Science Degree or related Engineering degree would be preferred but is not mandatory.
· Preferred experience in other programming languages (besides those mentioned above).
- Conforming to best practices in programming and the Mobile space.
· Able to identify and motivate the right tools for a task.
· Solid understanding of version control e.g., Git.
· Experience in working with more than one operating system would be preferred e.g., Windows and Mac.
· Knowledge of Cloud-based Services, e.g., AWS, Firebase
· Understanding Mobile Architecture design patterns such as MVP, MVVM, and BLoC for Flutter (preferred).
· Solid experience using CLI tools is preferred
- Self-starter who can work autonomously.
- History of proven competence working in teams including cross-collaboration with other divisions in a company.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Being innovative, curious, and having a strive for excellence.
- Willingness to take ownership of projects.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A