Website Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
This Job Listing is about Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group in Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the job
- Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased, using Company nominated suppliers where applicable.
- Ensure locally nominated supplier information is kept current.
- Manage the database of active local contracts with suppliers.
- Ensure Purchasing Manual is kept up to date.
- Adhere to quality procedures and standards and oversee purchasing administration.
- Work with the Director of Finance to draft the annual budget.
- Maintain a record of commitments for all budgets and ensure that the relevant senior managers are constantly informed of updates.
- Ensure a comprehensive system for allocating and reconciling purchase orders.
- Manage relationships with hotel suppliers and report on their performance.
- Manage employee relations, recruiting colleagues as required, and follow the appraisal procedures for colleagues.
- Supervise the operation of the stores, uphold company health and safety, quality assurance and control procedures, make improvements to the level of control, compile accurate stock records, and maintain proper records of requisition and replenishment transactions.
- Monitor all areas of purchasing including contracts, leases and nominations.
- Prepare the month end accounts reports in an accurate and timely manner.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ purchasing/procurement experience within a luxury hotel in the UAE (a minimum of 1 year experience as a purchasing/procurement manager).
- Strong financial knowledge and ability to work with budgets
- Computer literate with excellent MS Excel skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Relevant degree in Finance/Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
- Senior School qualification or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment (in stores / receiving sections)
- Knowledge of Purchasing System
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Computer skills (MS Office such as word, excel)
- UAE Driving License preferred
Company: Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Director
Job Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A