Website McDermott International, Ltd
This Job Listing is about McDermott International Ltd in Doha, Doha, Qatar
About the job
Supervise QC Coating Inspectors to assure timely execution of inspection activities Assure that the specified protective coating meets the project requirement.
Liaise with CQM, PQM, Quality Inspectors, Certification Specialist, Certification Tech, Associate Certification Tech, Engineering Group, Procurement Group, Bid Coordinator, Sub-con Coordinator, Production Supervisor, Project Management Team includes vendor package manager/QA Engineer, Offshore Hook-Up team, Certifying Authority & Client Rep, Paint Manufacturer’s Technical Representative, Sub-con site supervisor.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Coating Inspectors for the proper and timely execution of coating inspection activities.
- Assure test and inspection requirements for protective coatings are compliant to code, scope of work and customer specifications.
- Implement previous project lessons learnt.
- Write-up project specific protective coating inspection and application procedures.
- Coordinate with QA / QC, Production Personnel and PMTs regarding schedule of coating inspection activities.
- Facilitate generation of Technical Site Queries.
- Review vendor RFQ/TBE and provide technical assistance.
- Technical Review and approve Vendors painting procedures.
- Monitor/witness paint systems pre-qualifications.
- Provide training and development of Foreman, awareness session for newly hired inspectors.
- Ensure that daily paint inspection reports are generated by Inspectors and input by PCM Clerk and submitted to Client.
- Conduct periodic audit on sub-contractors.
- Conduct project readiness review meeting, periodic site walk through to minimize any potential non compliance.
- Determine adequacy of manpower requirement in relationship to the MLF.
- Coordinate with Project Management Teams, Fabrication operation team, Design Engineers, Procurement team, Offshore HU team, other discipline/dept, Client Rep and Suppliers regarding any coating issues.
- Report quality issues relevant to protective coatings to Project Quality Managers.
- Solve coating related issues during project execution.
- Evaluate and report the competency and effectiveness of Coating Inspectors to the QC Coating Supervisor.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Diploma or Equivalent Degree in Coating field.
- 10+ year’s Quality Control Coating Inspection and related experience in Protective coating field.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Coating Inspection Qualification (minimum): NACE level 3 / FROSIO Level 3 / SSPC PCI Level 3/ British Gas Grade 1.
- Computer Skills.
- MENA client’s approval as Coating Supervisor.
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
- At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions
Direct / Regular
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Jun 8, 2022, 5:58:57 PM
Company: McDermott International, Ltd
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
Application Deadline: N/A