This Job Listing is about Medusa in EMEA
About the job
Lead Software Engineer
Working at Medusa means you are working on empowering developers to do more with less. Unlike most e-commerce solutions targeting enterprise businesses or merchants directly, our focal point is on developers – we want to be the preferred e-commerce platform for developers.
We strive to build exceptional products and do not settle for good enough. Exceptional products require an exceptional team, so we focus on supporting each others’ personal growth and encourage experimentation and curiosity in all aspects of our work. This allows us to push the bar for creativity in our problem-solving and leads to better solutions for our merchants.
💻 What you will work on:
- Our open-source project; the foundational core as well as plugins
- Integrations with third-party APIs such as Stripe, Segment, etc.
- User interface for our admin system
- Tools that will enhance the developer experience and onboarding
- Architect and implement highly performant and scalable applications
- Supporting the community through technical support whenever needed
🤞 Who you are:
- Team player. You like to both provide and receive feedback to help the team, product and company improve
- Good developer tooling. You appreciate good developer tooling and strive to provide such an experience when building products.
- Ownership. You want to take ownership and responsibility for tasks throughout the development cycle
📟 Tech stack
We build our applications using modern and battle-tested technologies and these include Node.js (TypeScript), React, Next.js, GatsbyJS, PostgreSQL and Redis.
If you have experience and harness all of these technologies already then fantastic, however, aptitude and attitude is valued over experience with the next shiniest tool. We would still love to hear from you if you haven’t had experience with all of these languages and tools.
💜 What you get
- A competitive salary and an ownership stake in a fast-growing ecommerce startup
- Flexible working hours and place. As long as you get your work done, you can work from almost anywhere.
- Remote work setup worth $500 per annum. New plant?
- Company retreats (paid by Medusa), virtual bars, community events and many other activities
- Unlimited time off, and we encourage you to take at least 25 days off a year
🙌 The team
Our organization is distributed (remote) with a diverse and young team from different parts of the world. We appreciate hard-working people with a can-do attitude and in return give great flexibility in terms of working style and extensive responsibility early on. We are a small and caring bunch that treats our organization as a community on its own.
If you like what you’ve read, please send your CV across to Billy @ [email protected]
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: EMEA
Application Deadline: N/A