Website Meliá Hotels International
This Job Listing is about Meli Hotels International in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the job
Whatever story you choose, you are the star at ME Dubai Hotel.
At Meliá Hotels International, you have the power to create your future. For us, the most important thing is your talent: We share the passion that makes you put your heart into everything you do, day after day. We are by your side to help you go beyond your limits, to celebrate every victory with you. Because together, we are the stars of our own stories.
At Meliá Hotels & Resorts we put our soul and our passion into everything we do so that our guests can live a unique experience, full of the warmth and the hospitality that are so typical of our Spanish origin. If you have an eye for detail and wish to improve yourself every day in an environment which stands out for its personalized customer service, if you enjoy working for a stylish urban or leisure hotel brand, if you want to be part of a team of people who are passionate about what they do… Then you belong at Meliá
To ensure the highest level of food is consistently produced to the standards dictated by the Hotel, for guests and staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cooks foodstuffs in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
- Prepare and cook various proteins, and vegetables.
- Plan menus, taking advantage of the seasonal and local availability.
- Taste all food that is prepared, to ensure consistency of flavor profiles per dish.
- Directs the activities of one or more kitchen assistants who assist in preparing and serving meals.
- Monitors and discusses necessary daily production with the Chef de Partie.
- Fill in hygiene or food safety records.
- Organizes the storage of dry goods and vegetables.
- Monitors the covering and packaging procedures of all prepared foods.
- Monitor and ensure that section fridge/s are kept tidy and organized.
- Ensure proper stock rotation is carried out within designated section.
- Ensure use of date stamp/dot on all cooked and processed items.
- Ensure section is kept clean and tidy at all times, especially during service times.
(These responsibilities are mandatory to all positions)
- Attends and contributes to all Meetings as required.
- Ensure all employees provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst feeding back a prompt follow up.
- Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations, understanding and strictly adhering to rules & regulations established in the Employee handbook and the hotels policies concerning fire, hygiene and health & safety.
- Take an active involvement in the Welfare, Safety, Development and well-being of employees providing advice, counselling and truthful, diplomatic feedback.
- To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually, wearing the correct uniform and nametag at all time. To ensure that they maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department’s grooming standard.
- To assist in the training of employees making sure that they have the skills necessary to perform their duties in the most productive way.
- To supervise employees within the department, making sure that they correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Departmental Operations Manual.
- To ensure that the Department’s operational budget is strictly adhered to, that all costs are controlled and expenditures are properly approved.
- To comply with local legislation and be conversant and act in accordance with any legal issues relating to your department.
- To attend training sessions and meetings as and when required.
- To ensure rosters are posted and timesheets submitted on time.
- To ensure that all employees are treated fairly and consistently as outlined in their terms and conditions of employment, local legislation, and company/hotel policies and procedures.
- Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
- Exercise responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel management team.
- Respond to requests to undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties and to changes as dictated by the hotel, industry and company.
Diploma in Hotel Management or Culinary or other associates degree
The position requires a minimum of three years’ experience in full-service hotels in a similar role.
Individual must have excellent written, presentation, oral communications and interpersonal skills in English. Individual must possess strong leadership skills, be able to motivate and influence others. Individual must be able to think creatively and strategically, have excellent judgment and be able to work in a changing environment.
Individual must be able to think creatively and strategically, have excellent judgment and be able to work in a changing environment.
Company: Meliá Hotels International
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A