Website Mott MacDonald
This Job Listing is about Mott MacDonald in Cardiff,Wales,UnitedKingdom 2022
About the job
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it’s employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Project Controller you will demonstrate a passion to work collaboratively with our client teams to deliver their complex projects to time, cost and quality with a commitment to safety.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Analytical skills to prepare and critically evaluate performance measures (inc. earned value) and trends across multiple datasets
- Ability to focus on key issues, and drive out mitigating or recovery actions across the project
- Experience of implementing robust project controls processes and toolsets in relevant industries
Required for the position of Project Controller;
- Knowledge and proficiency with Primavera (P6) or Microsoft Project and/or other planning and resourcing software;
- Create and maintain project schedules that support and align with project requirements;
- Reduce uncertainty on projects by adapting project methodology;
- Project reporting including monitoring of KPIs;
- Educated to degree level and/or hold a project controls or management qualification (e.g. APMG Planning and Controls, EVM, PMQ, Prince2)
- Hold MOD security clearance (SC) or higher
- Flexibility to travel and work in different sectors and clients
Preferred, But Not Required
- Support project managers in maintaining effective and timely change management processes
- Monitor and consolidate project plans
- PMO experience
- Knowledge or and experience using PowerBI
- Demonstrate some project controls and delivery experience;
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of project control methodologies;
- Ability to effectively analyse project schedule and cost performance
- Knowledge and experience applying earned value management
- Risk management and reporting including the use of ARM
If you meet 80% or more of what we’re looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn’t know we need.
About The Business Unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
The Unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity up to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting and Education, Health and Care Management.
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here . If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited – which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits We Offer
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities – because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working – because life isn’t 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies – for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at [email protected] and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More About Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
England – East Anglia, England – Outer London, England – South West, Scotland, Wales
Europe and Central Asia
Company: Mott MacDonald
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cardiff,Wales,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A