Website NMC Healthcare
This Job Listing is about NMC Healthcare in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
About the job
NMC Healthcare is the most trusted and the largest private healthcare company in the UAE for over 40 years. With a dedicated team of doctors and paramedical and support personnel, NMC owns and manage numerous healthcare facilities in the UAE and Oman, treating millions of patients every year. The company has specialized verticals that include Multi-Specialty Care, Maternity and Fertility, Long-Term and Home Care, Medical Centres, Day Surgery Centres, Operations and Management.
We at NMC facilitate a challenging and motivating work environment that enables ample scope for career growth and development. We create a conducive work culture that attracts, retain and help talented and committed individuals grow. We encourage lifelong learning and deliver the best care to our customers and strive towards creating a world-class platform for nurturing the professionals of tomorrow.
Administers and plans quality nursing care, ensuring a safe and therapeutic environment for patients and personnel.
- Dons & adheres to operating room attire according to policy and procedure.
- Prepares room and assembles instruments & equipment based on patient’s surgical needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of aseptic technique.
- Correctly identifies patient and surgical site.
- Checks thoroughly the pre-operative checklist of patient; including completion of required diagnostic & laboratory procedures
- Monitors patients’ vital signs in the pre-operative area and post-operative recovery room
- Positions patient with the use of positional aids, maintaining circulatory, respiratory, neuromuscular homeostasis while maintaining privacy and providing maximum exposure to the operative procedure
- Demonstrates skill in performing the duties of scrub nurse and circulating nurse
- Provides safety to patient, to self & the whole surgical team by adopting safety protocols like ‘Time Out’
- Implements correct practices for the prevention of infection, practicing strict aseptic technique & maintenance of sterile field.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient’s records and updates all relevant patient documentation / medical records as per hospital policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates competence in Cardio – Pulmonary Resuscitation technique
- Strictly adheres to the waste segregation and disposal as per hospital policy
- Responsible for checking of crash carts and emergency equipment’s as per hospital policy.
- Responsible for appropriate storage and maintaining inventory of medications including high alert medications and narcotics as per hospital policy
- Responsible for appropriate storage and maintaining inventory of Hazmat items including the MSDS as per hospital policy
- Follows the reporting mechanisms /chain of command in the Nursing Department. Issues are correctly and quickly reported. These include all patient care issues.
- Demonstrates an economical approach to the utilization of equipment’s and supplies while assisting the charge nurse to maintain an appropriate ward stock
- Takes responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Charge Nurse as assigned
- Demonstrates sound knowledge and participates in fire safety, patient safety, infection control and the other necessary precautions as per hospital policy.
- Takes responsibility for professional clinical practice and is actively involved in updating and continuing education.
- Participates as a member of the code black team as per hospital policy
- Demonstrates strict adherence to all hospital policies and procedures
- Performs any other assigned responsibilities as identified by the Charge Nurse / Supervisor / Nursing Administrator.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements
- Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing/Diploma in Nursing.
- Current license in country of origin and with DOH license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE, DHA license to practice in Dubai and MOH license to practice in Sharjah
- Minimum 2 years nursing experience after qualification.
- BLS provider
- Good English spoken & written, Arabic language advantageous/desirable but not essential.
**Please note we welcome applications for facilities in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah for all our Nursing opportunities
Company: NMC Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A