Website NMC Healthcare
This Job Listing is about NMC Healthcare in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
About the job
NMC Healthcare is the most trusted and the largest private healthcare company in the UAE for over 40 years. With a dedicated team of doctors and paramedical and support personnel, NMC owns and manage numerous healthcare facilities in the UAE and Oman, treating millions of patients worldwide every year. The company has specialized verticals that include Multi-Specialty Care, Maternity and Fertility, Long-Term and Home Care, Medical Centres, Day Surgery Centres, Operations and Management.
We at NMC facilitate a challenging and motivating work environment that enables ample scope for career growth and development. We create a conducive work culture that attracts, retain and help talented and committed individuals grow. We encourage lifelong learning and deliver the best care to our customers and strive towards creating a world-class platform for nurturing the professionals of tomorrow.
EEG Technician work closely with, and under the supervision of the Neurologists and perform Electroencephalography, Nerve Conduction Studies (including Electromyography, Repetitive Nerve Stimulation), and Evoked Potential Studies.
- Practices proper entries and records on Hospital Information System
- Should be well versed in preparing patients and recording high quality EEG and Nerve-Muscle tracings and be able to detect and eliminate artifacts.
- Needs to have theoretical, technical and practical knowledge of special techniques in EEG like Photic stimulation, hyperventilation, adult and pediatric EEG montages, Electrode pasting for long term Video EEG, ICU recordings and Pediatric EEGs, Pruning EEG videos and important electrographic events; and NCS procedures like Repetitive Nerve Stimulation, comparative nerve studies and special nerve studies like Blink Reflex etc.
- Should have the ability to do or learn Evoked potentials, Intra-operative peripheral or brain surface recordings.
- Cleans the electrodes and machines and stores them properly.
- Maintains apparatus, making minor adjustments when faults occur.
- Maintains stock of paper, electrodes, paste, jelly, EMG Needles etc.
- Takes care of proper storage of all apparatus
- Keeps log book record of EEG and EMG procedures
- Coordinate with Colleagues to maintain smooth lab functioning and emergency services whenever required.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements
- Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems
- Bachelor Degree in the field of Applied Sciences majoring in Neurophysiology or Neurophysiology or Biophysics/ Physiology or equivalent with a minimum three (3) years diploma
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience post qualification in a related field
- Currently licensed in country of origin and with a valid DOH / DHA / MOH license to practice in UAE
- Fluent in spoken and written English; Arabic language is desirable, but not essential
Company: NMC Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A