This Job Listing is about Nortal in Spain
About the job
Nortal is part of building the next generation cognitive city in the Middle East – and guess what… we are building the cognitive brain of the city! Did we catch your attention?
Our aim is to build a data ecosystem that connects everything, turning smart cities into cognitive cities – a data platform that has been designed to turn data into interoperable, high quality data products on a mass scale. Think of a new type of data mesh, the first of its kind, which will enrich the daily lives of citizens, whilst empowering sectors and services.
We’re looking for a Data Architect who will be working together with our team of Data Engineers, Data Analysts and DataOps on the development of a core information backbone for the cognitive city of the future. As a result, you will help us build a flexible, large-scale data platform to facilitate finding, understanding, and publishing data generated by people and devices in the AI-orchestrated metropolis.
What You Will Be Doing
- Build a data platform (think of information backbone of the cognitive city) that supports the most advanced edge of today’s technology.
- Understand the business goals, requirements and constraints. Challenge everything.
- Design of data architecture, strategy/vision and governance.
- Identify, mitigate and own technical risks.
- Provide technical leadership whenever and wherever is needed.
- Communicate and support business stakeholders, product and development teams.
- Assure that implementation follows data architecture vision, principles and industry best practices and standards.
What You Will Need
- You have 8+ years of experience as a data architect or similar role including software architects, solution & technical architect.
- Expertise building complex data projects (think data mesh) and platforms which ingest a wide amount of data from a huge number of sources.
- Experience building technical data teams with fast paced roadmap.
- Strong expertise in DDD, data modeling, data engineering & database design.
- Experience with OSS tooling and frameworks like: Kafka, Beam, Nifi, Samza, Spark, Cassandra, Apache Atlas, … (or AWS/GCP/Azure counterparts).
- Expertise in building data pipelines and/or data lakes.
- Experience in data management and data access frameworks and tools.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to abstract.
- Being comfortable with a big vision, lots of ambiguity and shifting priorities.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Experience in building Data Mesh will be considered as a plus.
We’re helping to build a next generation cognitive city in the Middle East – a seamless AI-orchestrated metropolis, home and workplace for more than a million citizens from around the world.
We’re after enthusiastic, driven individuals who want to contribute to our journey and grow with us along the way. Can you hit the ground running? Do you have the drive to go faster? If so, get in touch!
Vacancy Type: Contract · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Spain
Application Deadline: N/A