Website Northern Gas and Power
This Job Listing is about Northern Gas and Power in Leeds,England,UnitedKingdom 2022
About the job
Hi, we’re Northern Gas and Power
Northern Gas and Power (a subsidiary of Global Procurement Group) is a global energy procurement consultant and is the largest energy consultancy in Europe. We guide businesses of all sizes ranging from SMEs to global organisations in purchasing their energy contracts.
We set up comprehensive strategies for organisations to procure their energy contracts; negotiate contracts with energy suppliers; introduce and operate risk management frameworks; collect, check, and analyse invoices; and calculate organisations’ GHG emissions and carbon footprints.
Our consultancy is supported by our unique ClearVUE platform that brings together and visualises information from a global energy portfolio down to the last detail – helping our clients work towards their net zero goals and ensuring compliance with climate-related legislation.
Our people are what define us. Every day we empower our employees to achieve more and explore exciting career opportunities. Employee wellbeing is at the forefront of our organisational values, consistently making Northern Gas and Power the employer of choice within the B2B energy procurement sector.
We are a global organisation. Our workforce is 850+ strong, spanning across three continents with modern and vibrant offices in the UK, France, Malta, India, and the USA.
For this role, we are looking to hire an outbound Corporate Account Manager to support our UK clients. You will be part of our Energy Procurement team.
A successful Corporate Account Manager has a winning attitude, consistently meets targets, and grows their client portfolio through proactive customer engagement and strategic, disciplined prospect management. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, driven and motivated to succeed with a winning attitude.
What is the job about?
Here are some of the common questions you will help your customers answer:
- How do I deal with the current price volatility in energy markets?
- How do I put together a good purchasing strategy?
- How do I negotiate my energy contracts?
- How do I minimise and manage risk for my business?
- How do I ‘green’ my energy supply?
- How do I achieve net carbon zero?
What exactly will you do?
- To develop and maintain an account plan with each assigned customer
- Understand contracted services by customer and our performance against contracted services
- Timely and appropriate provision of market/industry/service information to protect profitability and client relationships
- Identify, pursue and realise business development opportunities to maximise value, sales pipeline creation and management
- Upselling and cross selling of Net Zero consulting, ClearVUE.Business energy monitoring, compliance services (ESOS, SECR), energy efficiency and renewable generation
- Support with timely NGP contract renewals for all service areas where applicable
- Ensure regular customer reviews against business strategies and assess performance, impact on spend, energy efficiency impacts on future consumption
- Regular and accurate maintenance of all system records including client spend and cost budgets (adjusting where applicable)
- Build all relevant internal relationships
We are flexible on the location. You can be fully remote, hybrid or office based. This can be discussed further at interview.
What we’re looking for?
- A good understanding of UK energy markets, procurement products, UK legislation around utilities and understanding of sustainability schemes voluntary and compulsory is a distinct advantage
- Experience of working in a solution led sales environment, managing sales positions and pipelines over consecutive months involving multiple services and achieving/exceeding sales targets
- Analytical skills with ability to review large datasets quickly and effectively, highlighting any observations or anomalies
- Well-developed influencing and negotiating skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft office including; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience of using a CRM system
- Strong presentation, report writing and analytical skills
- Ability to think on your feet and represent Northern Gas and Power professionally and effectively at all levels whilst working in client offices
- Ability to produce detailed and accurate information on a timely basis in line with client expectations/strategies
- Some exposure and understanding of trading activity in the UK gas and electricity markets is preferable
- Knowledge of water markets and current industry changes is preferable
What’s in it for you?
- Industry-leading compensation package: Negotiable base salary (£35,000 – £38,000 DoE)
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with some of the UK’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative companies
- Solve interesting problems, at scale: Deeply explore the ever-evolving world of energy procurement, with no two solutions ever being the same
- Learn from industry-leading experts: We have cultivated some of best talent in the industry, allowing you to supercharge your career progression and learn from the best minds out there
- Work-life balance: No late finishes, keep your plans with friends and family
- Career growth: We enjoy promoting from within!
- Unrivalled perks (including but not limited to):
- 23 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Full month of December off (fully paid)
- Wellbeing, gym and spa discounts and access to 1:1 sessions with our in-house Health & Wellbeing team
- Company parties and retreats abroad
- Festival and Events tickets (such as Silverstone, Wimbledon, Tomorrowland and Lost & Found!)
Company: Northern Gas and Power
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A