Are you looking for a Job at Orica in Al Diriyah Al Jadida, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About the job
At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About The Role
We are absolutely delighted to announce that we have a new opportunity for a Mechanical Fitter to join our East Coast Metals Mining Services Team.
The role will operate on an even time 7/7 or 14/14 roster from either Brisbane or Townsville to Mount Isa. Reporting to the Orica Asset Supervisor, the Mechanical Fitter will provide Breakdown technical support and field support maintenance for all of Orica’s mobile plant within the Mount Isa region.
At Orica we encourage genuine career development amongst our people and can guarantee training and resources for our Mechanical Fitters if they wish to expand their careers into supervisory and management positions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled candidate wishing to embark upon a new stable career with a large global market leading company offering excellent employment conditions, opportunities, roster and rewards
What you will be doing
- Assisting Orica sites with mobile breakdown support
- General servicing of all mobile and fixed plant and machinery at our Mine sites in the Northwest of Queensland
- Schedule servicing, repairs, alterations and breakdown maintenance;
- Assist the Territory and Site Managers to manage a maintenance plan for the equipment at their site(s);
- Knowledge and adherence to relevant procedures, statutory requirements and codes (AEC, ADG,MPU, AS2187);
- Continually reassess risks associated with regional operation and maintenance processes taking appropriate corrective action as required;
- Providing field support for clients by performing training, reviews and maintenance support on site;
- Participate in safety programs and promote safe work practice.
What you will bring
- Trade certification in Heavy Vehicle Mechanic/Diesel Fitter or equivalent;
- Previous experience working on heavy vehicles such as Volvo trucks and mining equipment (advantageous);
- Queensland Explosives Security Clearance or ability to obtain;
- Auto electrical knowledge is advantageous;
- Strong written and verbal communication, customer relation and problem-solving skills;
- Driver’s license required, Heavy rigid (HR) vehicle license (advantageous);
- Self-Motivated worker who can manage their own hours and workload with a strong attitude to safety and quality of service.
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Al Diriyah Al Jadida, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com