Website Parsons Corporation
This Job Listing is about Parsons Corporation in Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the job
Minimum Clearance Required To Start
Do you have experience as a construction engineer? If so, Parsons has an opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as a Resident Engineer for our project in Ajman. Apply today to join our team and take advantage of this chance to work on some of the iconic projects that Parsons is known for.
In this role, with minimal supervision, you will independently perform all aspects of field engineering assignments including development of plans, schedules, contracts, procedures, and construction methods and systems for an assigned project, or a designated area of a large project. The successful candidate is also responsible for reviewing the performance of subcontractors to assure contract compliance, the application of accepted construction technology and standards, and the acceptable standardization of materials and supplies. Provides technical guidance to lower level field engineering personnel. Willingness to relocate to construction site locations is expected.
- Performs difficult and very complex field engineering assignments involving the development, execution, supervision, and coordination of all technical aspects of a construction project.
- Maintains first level quality assurance to confirm that the installation of all work within his/her discipline is in accordance with the plans, specifications, and industry standards.
- Supervises the construction engineering work and provide technical expertise for one or more of the construction engineering disciplines, as well as survey personnel.
- Supervises Construction Inspectors, ensuring that tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures.
- Monitors and coordinates all contractors’ activities for assigned area.
- Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees.
- Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site specific safety procedures and industry standards.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with the discipline design engineering staff.
- Reviews and interprets discipline design drawings and specifications to ensure current re vision level and correct technical execution of the work.
- Provides resolution for technical engineering problems within the assigned discipline(s); coordinates application of solutions.
- Develops discipline construction schedules and monitors progress.
- Provides schedule and progress appraisal report to the Construction Manager.
- Monitors material procurement and deliveries to ensure timeliness in support of construction activities and schedule within the assigned discipline.
- Ensures that materials received meet specifications and established standards of quality.
- Organizes the accumulation of assigned discipline data for the final project turnover and report.
- Initiates and maintains records, back charge procedures, progress reports, etc., as required.
- Interfaces with the client and upper level management.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering as well as 15+ years of experience in field construction is required.
- Experience in the construction of large infrastructure, road and bridge projects.
- Recent experience in the UAE, particularly Dubai is required.
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of engineering and construction related processes, as well as industry practices
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, a familiarity with CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering and construction, and the proven ability for performing in a lead capacity on a project
Company: Parsons Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A