Website Pearl Initiative
Are you looking for a Job at Pearl Initiative in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
About the job
The Pearl Initiative is looking for a dynamic Programmes Manager (Governance in Tech) to join its growing team and fast-paced environment. As part of the Governance in Tech programme, the Programme Manager will lead the design and delivery of corporate governance programmes across the Gulf Region’s business ecosystem.
As per PI’s Vision 2025, the Governance in Tech Programme will aim to work with tech startups and tech companies to build the governance and sustainability of tech-based organisations in the Gulf Region.
The ideal candidate should have a strong interest in topics around technology and innovation with a particular focus on tech governance. The candidate should have prior experience working with tech companies, tech startups in an advisory firm, operational or governance role and should have a solid understanding of the challenges faced. The candidate should have an understanding of governance policies and best practice tools to help promote greater accountability and transparency of tech firms/tech startups in the Gulf Region.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for developing new partnerships and new activities for the PI’s newest programme offering. Specifically, the Programme Manager should develop and implement plans across 4 key activity pillars: applied research, convenings, training and capacity-building, and student engagement. The Manager will support and educate actors within tech startups on the value of implementing good governance practices.
The Programme Manager should have the ability to professionally engage and work with key PI stakeholders in various settings, including corporate business leaders, peer organisations, and other stakeholders across the Gulf Region (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, UAE).
As a member of the Programmes team, the Programme Manager will report to the Head of Programmes and is also expected to contribute to PI’s overall programme development and contribute to and/or manage special projects outside the programme-specific scope of their responsibilities as needed. The Programme Manager will also supervise a Programme Associate and together, work as a team to ensure the achievement of programmatic objectives of the Governance in Tech Programme.
By joining PI at this stage, the Programme Manager will have a unique opportunity to make a real difference and take part in a game-changing private sector-led effort with a mission to advance corporate governance in the Gulf Region.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Programme Development & Application of Technical Knowledge on Governance in Technology:
- Proactively engage in technical practice and subject matter expertise on the specific topics and areas of focus within Governance in Tech, sharing information and best practices learned as part of PI’s impact reporting;
- Build subject matter expertise and contribute to business development and, technical practice, and organisational priorities;
- Build on the programme’s legacy work and continue to inform tech companies on the significance of embedding corporate governance frameworks for successful business growth and long-term resiliency.
- Lead the day-to-day development and delivery of programme plans for the Governance in Tech Programme, in collaboration with the Head of Programmes and with the support of the Programme Associate(s). This includes everything from the design stage, all the way through to the execution of an intervention programme.
- Proactively identify issues or potential risks, including project performance, financial, and legal, and other core business areas. Develops strategies and solutions to address those risks, communicating, when appropriate, with the Head of Programmes and/or the Head of Business Services; strategically assess and consult with colleagues to help make informed decisions.
- Manage relationships with leaders in tech companies and their teams to understand current trends, opportunities and challenges.
- Build networks of participants and companies from the tech sector to take the lead on the conversation around business ethics.
- Engage with actors who manage and retain data as a function of the technology they use around data privacy, cyber-security and data safeguarding and promote general governance on the use of technology.
- Oversee the programme contract and budgets for the Governance in Tech Programme, in collaboration with the Head of Programmes and Head of Business Services.
- May be required to contribute time to other workstreams and functions to achieve organisational goals, including new business, operations, and technical practice contributions and impact measurement.
New Business Development
- Promote PI’s programmes by identifying opportunities and attending external events, networking with clients and counterparts, articulating a solid understanding of PI’s past and present portfolio; effectively represent the organisation’s history, values, and standards; and identify and develop new business leads;
- Take initiative to support new business efforts for the Governance in Tech programme, including growing PI’s network of industry contacts and leading on proposal and concept note development;
- Responsible for developing proposals, concept notes, and communication materials on the impact of the Governance in Tech programme.
- Write articles, thought leadership pieces and progress summaries for publications and other external resources where applicable, in partnership with the Communications Manager;
- Summarise and disseminate the latest thinking and analysis from around the Gulf Region in the areas of transparency, accountability and business practices;
- Generate a wide variety of new online and offline content related to programme topic areas.
Management and Leadership
- Supervise, mentor, train, develop, and evaluate assigned staff; provide regular performance feedback to supervisees and the time and opportunity to grow professionally;
- Mentor and advise staff across the organisation (e.g. associates, program managers, and others) as appropriate on a range of topics, including business development, technical work, and project management;
- Demonstrate inclusive behaviors and leadership consistent with the PI’s values and leadership competencies.
Essential Professional Experience/Skills & Qualifications
- A University degree / Master’s degree preferred;
- Five or more years’ experience working with tech companies, tech startups in an advisory, operational or governance role.
- Excellent writing skills and a proven ability to draft proposals, reports, research results or other organisational documents with minimal supervision;
- Fluent in English, including perfect ability to write content in clear, structured and compelling English.
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic and preferred experience in managing training programmes in Arabic;
- Outstanding project management skills;
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- High energy individual who demonstrates flexibility in work priorities, capable of multi-tasking and operating efficiently and effectively across multiple areas of responsibility;
- Proven ability to set priorities, work independently, be proactive, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and has a “do what it takes” mentality in order to achieve PI’s objectives;
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise independent judgment and sound decision-making in the midst of diverse and complex organisational environments;
- Strong team orientation, relationship-building and negotiation skills, and ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people;
- Highly organised, able to work independently, and thrives under pressure of deadlines.
- Excellent networking, communications, presentation, persuading and community building skills;
- Business-focused research, data collection and analytical skills.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Programme Manager (Governance in Tech)” in the subject line.
Company: Pearl Initiative
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org