Website Pearl Initiative
Are you looking for a Job at Pearl Initiative in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
About the job
The Pearl Initiative is looking for a candidate should have a strong interest in communications, content development, media and building strategic relationships with PI’s partners. The Senior Communications Associate will be responsible for growing and exponentially increasing PI’s brand awareness across the Gulf Region.
In 2021, the organisation launched its updated strategy PI Vision 2025 with bold ambitions for expansion over the next five years. By joining PI at this stage, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and promote the brand and communications for a mission-led organisation in the Gulf region.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Communications Plan and Execution
- Lead the development and execution of the communications plan in collaboration with the Executive Director and Head of Programmes.
- Develop new initiatives to drive PR exposure and ensure that PI has a consistent media presence on key messaging to influence business behaviour in the Gulf Region.
- Manage relationships with all vendors in supporting PI’s communications including (where relevant) the PR agency and media partners.
- Manage PI’s relationship with the media, including building a good relationship with the editors of various media offices across the Gulf Region.
Stakeholder Communications and Content Development
- Develop and publish newsletters, annual reports, programme reporting and fact sheets on PI’s programmes.
- Develop a minimum of two press releases per month.
- Generate a variety of online and offline content related to programmes through interviews, guest articles, expert views and profiles.
- Liaise with external press agencies to ensure that no press opportunities are missed out.
- Report communications activity on a monthly basis ensuring key targets are met.
Essential Professional Experience/Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to draft content in a clear, structured and compelling manner
- Demonstrable copywriting skills across a variety of media
- Excellent proofreading skills in English and Arabic
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience in a communications or marketing role in the Gulf Region
- Awareness of topics related to corporate governance, transparency and responsible business practices in the Gulf Region
- Can complete simultaneous tasks in a high-pressure environment – to deadline and budget
- Active experience in using software such as Mailchimp, Canva, Adobe and Google Analytics • Ability to learn and adapt, including shifting priorities and timelines.
- Excellent networking, presentation and community building skills in English and Arabic
- Highly organised, able to work independently, and thrives under pressure
- Strong understanding of business practices in the Gulf Region
- Self-driven, motivated, resourceful, ability to anticipate and solve problems, persuasive and flexible in approach to work
- A University degree
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Senior Communications Associate” in the subject line.
Company: Pearl Initiative
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com