Are you looking for a Job at Petroplan in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
About the job
The Warehouse and Logistics Supervisor will oversee the warehouses and manage the clients logistics providers. They will be responsible for managing all logistical aspects of importation of goods from various foreign suppliers; this will include importation licenses, customs clearance and related activities.
In addition, the Warehouse and Logistics Manager will be required to provide regular reporting updates to the Supply Chain Manager on inventory management, their movement, inventories and security level.
- Ensure that outputs from the white board meetings are actioned, including space, resource and equipment planning. Outstanding issues from the boards are escalated to the relevant management level
- Inform the warehouse of the delivery of goods in time, send copies of the packing list and/or PO and prepare the handling teams
- Oversee the receipt of materials into the warehouse, ensuring that items delivered to the warehouse are receipted against a PO or MRO
- Ensure that nothing is dispatched from the warehouse without an MRO
- Educate colleagues on the Returns Process and the importance of only being able to receipt returned materials against an MRO
- Monitor the quarantine area to ensure that all returns are evaluated against the Material Evaluation Process
- Update the Supply Chain Manager on any materials that require disposal as identified by the Material Evaluation Process or Asset Disposal Process on a monthly basis
- Monitor buffer stocks issued to contractors and ensure that consumption is forwarded to CBO to be actioned
- Co-ordinate the monthly stock count process, advising all stakeholders of the count dates and advising when the warehouse will be closed
- Conduct initial reconciliation after the count and investigate variances between physical stock and quantity recorded in SAP
- Keep track of all incoming shipments and follow up with suppliers or logistical services in regards to any damaged or missing items
- Work closely with Finance in regards to the payment of customs fees
- Ensure all importations are carried out in respect of Oman laws and regulations to ensure the client is protected from any potential penalties
- Ensure that recommendations related to the environment, safety and health are followed in the daily management of the warehouses and propose mitigating solutions where appropriate
Education / Business
Degree Educated to degree level in Supply Chain (Logistics), Economics or related fields
Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in the field of logistics Knowledge of Oman regulation laws for disposal, importation and all logistics fields.
Nationals only can apply
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What’s more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today’s world of work – it’s about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you’re looking for from your next role.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org